Matt's MQ GLS Auto Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Matt's MQ GLS Auto Triton

Postby striker99 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:21 am

Hey all, I've been lurking on here for a while, finally making a build post. In August 2016 I purchased a New Triton MQ GLS White in Auto - no addons at the time, slowly building it up, pictures are below thanks,

This was the day i bought it home, stock standard,
Click to view larger picture

A few weeks later a holiday at North Stradbroke, the triton was great on the sand,

Dual batteries installed, using a 630CCA 63amp hour Exide Extreme battery for the starter (I already had this battery), and the original battery for the second battery to run the fridge for the time being. (I've also planning on putting an AGM in the tub tray so can run 2x fridges for camping).

Next i've had a Trek4x4 Workstyle Canopy installed, it has great access all the way around, should be good for touring, also had a roof rack installed at the time.

Next some customized DIY drawers, 2x 1250mm long drawers, 40L waeco to the right hand side with space for a battery behind it, and and just less than 30cm spare at the front for my 50L water tank (soon to be 2x50L slimline water tanks). The fridge is on a slide, my main goal was to keep the fridge at an accessible height without having to buy a $800 drop slide.... I think I've managed to achieve that so far. Still need to carpet the drawers.
striker99

Re: Matt's MQ GLS Auto Triton

Postby nat1971 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:52 pm

looking good ...i do like that Workstyle Canopy and check plate tailgate, nice work......and welcome
nat1971

Postby Crash486 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:45 am

The more I see of the work style canopies the more I think they are the way to go (assuming you don't have a dog in the back). You're done a great job. It'll be great to take camping and for everyday work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Crash486

Postby striker99 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:27 am

Thanks guys, in happy with the canopy, particularly with being a shorter bloke.. It would have been very difficult to load stuff into the tray if it didn't have the big hatches on the sides.i had wanted an alloy tray with gull wing canopy but didn't want to risk the extra overhang with all the extra weight.
striker99

Postby striker99 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:33 am

I've added a few additions today. First is a 12v power panel and voltage monitor
Next is I've mounted the aircompressor, it is still removable, have wired it in with an Anderson plug and just tied it down.
My 100 ah agm is now installed behind the fridge, wired to a ctek d250s charger with solar input. I need to tidy the wiring up a bit, its all fused and safe. Need to make a timber board to cover it up too.

And last of all picture infront of the drawers, 50l water tank, and also a bungie cord thing that's good for storing shopping bags or random things in, it's been pretty handy so far.

striker99

Return to Member Build Ups