Staggs MQ

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Staggs MQ

Postby Staggs on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Fitted up the rear diff breather, use a Piranha kit with the diff bung specific for the MQ. Front diff and gearbox already have breathers located in the engine bay from factory so didn't need to touch them. Well at least from what I can tell looking through workshop manuals and poking around the engine bay of the car.

Click to view larger picture

Next on the list of things to do is upgrade from the crappy GLS stereo that came with the car. Have bought a Sony XAV-AX5000 and have a collection of Aerpro harnesses and a facia kit on order to make it all work.
Staggs

Postby WarbyD on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:28 am

how was the install of the diff breather? Thats working its way higher up my list of things to do.....
WarbyD

Postby Staggs on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Very easy with the Piranha adaptor for the MQ. Its much much easier if you drop the spare tyre as the bung requires a bit of force to get in as its a tight fit and the spare really restricts access. The old breather cap comes out pretty easy and then I used a hammer and block of wood (to protect the bung) to knock the bung straight in. Spent more time routing the breather hose up to the engine bay than getting the bung in the diff.
Staggs

Postby mq3175 on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Hey there mate. Just looking at you mq. Noticed you had tjm suspension. Any chance you can give me pros and cons. How much lift. How is the ride. Any vibrations etc. I'm looking for a lift kit but too much out there. Thanks in advance :D
mq3175

Postby Staggs on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:22 am

The TJM is suspension had been really good. I've clocked nearly 20,000k's on it now with no issues. Have had to re-grease the rear shackles once to get rid of some squeaks but thats easy with the grease nipples on them. Hard for me to compare with other brands as i've never experienced any others though. I got it when my local store had a 20% off sale, makes it a lot more affordable.

I only noticed some drive line vibration straight after getting the kit installed before it all settled. This was in part because i got 250kg springs in the back but hadn't actually loaded anything in so i was sitting very high. I think i put some sandbags in the tub to help weight it down and make it less bouncy to drive. But now it has all settled and i put some weight in the back (battery, drawer, canopy, fridge slide) it has been great.
Staggs

Postby mq3175 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Was deciding between tjm or ironman but can't decide....
mq3175

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups