Signed on the line

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Signed on the line

Postby Macey918 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:21 pm

So, I officially signed the paperwork to have my new triton built up with my choice of bits and bobs and delivered.
Obviously pics will follow when I get it home (which may be a few weeks I'd guess). In the meantime, here's the list:

White GLS auto
MCC Falcon single loop bar with winch
MCC Jack rear bar
Terrain Tamer suspension upgrade to suit new weight of bars etc. and give a small lift
Cooper ST Maxx in 245/75/17

All for under 40k before GST, even if I add a locker or 2 down the track, which would frankly make for a pretty hardcore rig, it'd still be a heap cheaper than a bloody lux or ranger with bugger all fitted!

The aim is to create a highly capable vehicle that is largely still within the law, hence the not too excessive tyre size...49mm overall increase or 29.5-31.5 in the old money. It's also a daily driver most of the time so I wanted a capable and durable offroad tyre but with good on road qualities. I was going to go for the GY MT/R Kevlar but couldn't get the size I was after and tbh even though they are supposed to be fairly quiet for a MT with reasonable road manners, they are still a full MT and I've lived with that before and it's not pleasant if most of the time is spent on the black stuff!

I'm not too sure how much playtime I'll get to go hard off-roading so I held off on lockers, but might add them down the track. similarly, I can't see deep water crossings in my near future so I didn't specify a snorkel yet, it's an easy and fairly cheap addition if I do need one later I figure.

For the planned trips to the areas of the high country or outback where I'd take my family touring/camping, I think the lift, rubber, bars, winch and traction control should be plenty enough and probably do fairly well if I do get to go a bit harder from time to time!

Anyway, I'll post some picks soon and as I set it up for camping etc. I'll add some updates.
Macey918

Re: Signed on the line

Postby Macey918 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 pm

I now have the vehicle. apart from the mcc falcon bar being just very slightly uneven after fitting, there's a slightly bigger gap between the cut panel and the bar on the drivers side, maybe 10mm.... (I'll get this sorted after I've put a few k's on) it's looking f'n awsome.
The terrain tamer lift and ride seems good, it's certainly noticeable when next to a stock vehicle :shock:
I'm glad I went with 245/75,s ive always preferred a slightly narrower taller tire and the cooper st maxx are exactly what I was after.....not quite a full muddy, so reasonable on road without the muddy drone, but look like they'll go better in the mud than a less aggressive AT.
The mcc jack rear bar looks the goods and offers a lot of protection without compromising the departure angle, it does leave an obvious gap between the top of the bar and the tail gate, which looks a bit odd up close, but it's required so as not to inhibit the gate when open.
Haven't tried the winch other than to confirm it goes in and out... definitely not a warn or equivalent but will do the job at a third of the price(I hope).

I'm having difficulty posting pics from my photobucket account using iPad....anyone have any tips?
Otherwise I'll try and upload from a laptop tomorrow.....because, you know...didn't happen without pics!
Macey918

Postby als1200 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 am

Sounds good.
Pics will be good.
als1200

Postby Ray57MQ on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:02 am

Well done, look fwd to pic's too...
How's the speedo with the 245/75's ?
Don’t take life so seriously, it isn’t permanent
Ray57MQ