al coholic wrote:
snowman wrote:Fine by me.

X2 .....great work by everyone :D

x3 :D
Bad Kitty

Re: QLD Flood Relief Pledge Thread

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon May 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Works for me.

I suppose this might make our donations tax deductible? Not why we did it at the time or anything, but any form of tax deduction has to be a good thing I would have thought (especially since we all typically spend tax returns on our Tritons...).
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Mon May 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Well Homer will get a good tax deduction! :lol:

Not sure how to make that work CD apart from homer posting a copy if the transfer and we all just claim our share. In the end it is legitimate and there will be a paper trail ......
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Mon May 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Fine by me!
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jop on Mon May 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Sweet - lock it in 8-)
jop

Postby Joe on Mon May 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Good work Homer. Do it! :mrgreen:
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby Mooons on Mon May 30, 2011 5:45 pm

sounds good
it gets my vote
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SEJ GLX-R on Mon May 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm happy with that :D
See my build thread ... HERE
See my shed ............. HERE
SEJ GLX-R

Postby 61rth on Mon May 30, 2011 6:37 pm

I also agree this will be the best thing. Unfortunately the way things have gone up here, it would be impossible for us to do anything that we first discussed. At least this way the money will go where it is needed and in the case of a sporting club, to where a greater number of people will benefit from it for now and well into the future.
Why does everything look like a nail when you have a hammer in your hand?
61rth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Mon May 30, 2011 6:42 pm

I agree, lets do it :D
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Tue May 31, 2011 8:42 am

OK, thanks for the support guys.

I have had a couple of late PM's with some extra pledges that we may pick up so I'll wait until early next week for these to clear and will then transfer the funds. :D

As for the tax deduction.... :?

I am really not sure how to go about this. After having a bit of a think, the receipt will only be good if it is from the flood appeal itself. Anything I generate wont be accepted.

Maybe if those interested PM'd me their full names and addresses I could talk to the appeal administrators and request specific receipts in those amounts be sent to individuals?

I don't know if they could/would do that but there is only one way to find out I guess....

I also haven't checked how much interest we've generated - hope I don't get a tax bill :lol: just kidding.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Tue May 31, 2011 11:24 am

i am sure there are accountants here so chime in if this seems erronous.....

you should not have to pay tax on the interests as long as it is donated. Although it was earn't it was then donated and as it is a tax deduction - not taxable. :?

You should get a receipt from the charity.

in my opinion (and as long as you don't claim it all Homer!!) i cannot see why we cannot individually claim the amount you issued as long as we get a copy of the receipt. If audited you can prove a transfer to Homers account and then, in turn, it can be seen to be donated to the charity. i don't think they can make individual receipts and to me it would be a royal pain in the arse for everybody - so dont go there.

Ultimately you can PROVE that your money went to a registered charity and you only claim the amount you sent Homer, then i don't see why not.

Although i am sure this is technically not the ATO procedure and if they get all 'technical' over a donation and the spirit of it, they can go and get [censored]. I would be onto local talk back so fast the Ranga and her offsider Duck, Swan or Goose or whatever his name would soon find out that most Aussies still have a grip on reality.

Why pay the government more than they deserve - they just [censored] waste it anyway. Don't start me on the government..... :twisted: :twisted: :roll: blimey where is that rant thread when you need it it a hurry. :?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Snowie for PM....... :lol: :lol:

Im not too fussed either way, if i could get a receipt........it would at least stop the mrs from complaining that her bookwork is not complete as i dint have a receipt for the transaction :roll:

Its a donation, i know that...........and the ATO will just have to take my word for it :twisted: I give them enough money anyway :roll:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Homer on Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 pm

I'll do whatever is required that wont get me in the shite :lol:

Will probably need some clarification as I'm pretty sure without an official receipt from the fund it's not claimable.

As Alco says, it doesn't stop you from claiming it anyway.

Snowie I have no receipts for the money collected AFAIK - just a bank statement. I went down that road first as I thought it was easiest.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Homer wrote:I'll do whatever is required that wont get me in the shite :lol:

Will probably need some clarification as I'm pretty sure without an official receipt from the fund it's not claimable.

As Alco says, it doesn't stop you from claiming it anyway.

Snowie I have no receipts for the money collected AFAIK - just a bank statement. I went down that road first as I thought it was easiest.

yeah we have a receipt/bank EFT transfer for the money sent to you. no worries there.

then provide an email/web posted PDF copy of the official receipt for the full amount to those that donated.

again i have a clear conscience, worst case they will want to see your bank account. from memory you opened it for this purposes anyway. probably worth closing once you finish to keep it all tidy and ATO out of your face.

For me it is about $30 in tax paid - but some donated a hell of a lot more than me. :D :D
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:51 am

OK ladies and gents, I apologise for taking so long, but between late payers of pledges (the last was 2 weeks ago) and then setting up internet pay anyone issues, I have finally made a payment to the Brisbane city Council Disaster Relief Fund.

Relief Fund

I'd like to thank all of our members for being so patient and not carrying on like belters like some low IQ people tend to do when there are delays beyond our control....thank you very much :)

As I say I thought it best to allow people struggling with cash the opportunity to make their pledge payments as no one wants to feel they let the side down - and no one did 8-)

The upside of the delay is that all - that is 100% - :D of the pledges arrived and we ended with a grand total of $5206.54 including interest.

I only have a $5000 daily limit so will transfer the balance over the next day or two - less any fees etc for transfers and closing the account. I will post the receipt up here once done.

Congratulations people that was an awesome effort 8-) :D The delay in sending the funds will in no way reduce their effectiveness - there is still a massive amount of work needed to be done.

Click to view larger picture

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

Click to view larger picture
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Joe on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 am

Fantastic job Homer. Thanks for taking care of this for us all :mrgreen:
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby borngeek on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am

That is a awesome tally of cash. 8-)

//thumbs up homer for doing the admin work as well.

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Bad Kitty on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:06 pm

al coholic wrote:Click to view larger picture

I 2nd this! Fantastic result Homer and to everyone who pledged! What an amazing group of people we have here :D
Bad Kitty

Postby perko on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Bad Kitty wrote:
al coholic wrote:Click to view larger picture

I 2nd this! Fantastic result Homer and to everyone who pledged! What an amazing group of people we have here :D

x3! Awesome job everyone, you've made a huge difference. ;) I'll let you know where the money went as soon as I can.
"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
perko

Postby snowman on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:10 am

Nice work Homer :D and well done all who pledged. 8-)

Keep us posted Perko. ;)
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby outmen on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:33 pm

sssssswwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt :mrgreen:
Well done all
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.
outmen

Postby perko on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:34 pm

HI Folks,

Sorry it's taken me a while, but here's the info on the effect your great support is having. :D Quick bit of background, the Lord Mayors Community Disaster Relief Fund has received a total of just over a $1m ;) Impressively Xstrata just donated $300k which pushed it over the $1m mark :D

$735k was distributed to community and sporting clubs by the end of June ;) The money NewTriton member donated has been allocated to the current round of payments, and while there aren't any direct allocations, your money will mostly be going to the Kenmore Churches Soccer Club. In the floods their field and clubhouse, which coincidentally is down the road from where I live, got over three meters of water through them :? worse still the major sewerage pumping station for our area is at the other end of the park :o so you can imagine the mess on the grounds :?

They have over 200 members that haven't been able to play until last month when the surface was deemed safe, the money they are receiving now will help them fix the lighting over two of the fields and help fix up the clubhouse storage and canteen :D

So well done everyone that donated :D 200 Brissy sports fans are back on their way. ;)

Perko.
"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
perko

Postby borngeek on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:38 pm

perko wrote:HI Folks,

Sorry it's taken me a while, but here's the info on the effect your great support is having. :D Quick bit of background, the Lord Mayors Community Disaster Relief Fund has received a total of just over a $1m ;) Impressively Xstrata just donated $300k which pushed it over the $1m mark :D

$735k was distributed to community and sporting clubs by the end of June ;) The money NewTriton member donated has been allocated to the current round of payments, and while there aren't any direct allocations, your money will mostly be going to the Kenmore Churches Soccer Club. In the floods their field and clubhouse, which coincidentally is down the road from where I live, got over three meters of water through them :? worse still the major sewerage pumping station for our area is at the other end of the park :o so you can imagine the mess on the grounds :?

They have over 200 members that haven't been able to play until last month when the surface was deemed safe, the money they are receiving now will help them fix the lighting over two of the fields and help fix up the clubhouse storage and canteen :D

So well done everyone that donated :D 200 Brissy sports fans are back on their way. ;)

Perko.

Thanks for the update Perko! 8-)

It is good to know we all collectively made a difference!
For a small community we have done pretty well IMO :D

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements & News