Valerio´s Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Valerio´s Triton

Postby salt36 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Mate those steps are an awesome idea !

Well made too, very impressed :D 8-)
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Very 8-) 8-) 8-)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby motoz on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:54 pm

I agree awesome idea and job.

Very :cool:
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby stackator on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Awesome truck build Valerio!
stackator

Postby VALERIO on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks mates! The steps results to be very useful because of my Corbeau Seats side bolsters are a little high when you go in and out the cabin the seats get a lot of pressure in the bolsters area so with the add of the steps is easier to go in and out without force the seats bolsters.
VALERIO

Postby VALERIO on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Another toy installed to the ute is the backup lamps. I bought a pair of LED "chinese" thats seems to be exactly the same like a pair of a very expensive USA build LED boat lights purchased a couple of years back for our boat.
Result> exactly the same performance for less than a 10% of the boat led lights. :evil: But at the end I'm pleased because it's a cheap solution to give some light and improve the backup camera performance too.Click to view larger picture.
Click to view larger pictureHere the backup camera mounting point, in fact I use it "on" every time because it's the better angle than the original mirror.Click to view larger picture
VALERIO

Postby mattz on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:48 am

I'm very impressed with those steps Valerio. 8-)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Crash486 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:16 am

You should beef them up, make them hydraulic and use them to lift the car to change tyres ;-)
Just kidding, love watching your thread and the really cool mods you do.
Crash486

Postby VALERIO on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:47 am

Thank you Mattz and Crash486, when you love your ride the mods never stop 8-) .
In fact here is another thing i've been working on (Air supply system) starting with a Tmax heavy duty compressor 150 psi that I bought a couple of years ago and a Viair air tank system (it comes with a pressure valve, pressure meter, some tubes, connections and cables to control the compressor). Them using some 5mm alloy I made the bracket to hold compressor. tank and meter switch.
Click to view larger picture It's unfinished yet, I'll make some heavy duty connections and a new electric harness to manage the amps consumed by the compressor.
VALERIO

Postby Crash486 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Love it. I have always had the thought with those tanks, why not add another valve on them so you can fill them up at the servo before you head off. That way you can carry some free air all nicely pressurised and ready to go.
Crash486

Postby stefanos on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Αwesome idea these steps Valerio!!!Bravo!!
stefanos

Postby VALERIO on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:56 am

Good idea Crash486! I'll going to make it ;)
VALERIO

Postby VALERIO on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:00 am

Well these is what I call a sad post. See what happen when you forgot the roof tent is on and go into a lower garage :( By the way... the night before to start the best 4x4 trip in a year! :( :( :( :( Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture Sorry the crappy pics
VALERIO

Postby har05l on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:05 am

:shock: Holy shit :o

Doesn't look like it'll be a quick fix either :( , hope you sort something out and make your trip ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:55 am

Crash486 wrote:Love it. I have always had the thought with those tanks, why not add another valve on them so you can fill them up at the servo before you head off. That way you can carry some free air all nicely pressurised and ready to go.

A good idea, but they don't hold all that much air. Not even enough to air up a single tyre. They do help, though.

Valerio, sad to see, mate, but a new canopy will fix it. On another note, how have you found those rubber mounts for the compressor? I had some very similar which sheared off, but the studs were bonded into the rubber, not a straight through bolt. Ended up replacing them with bolts and springs.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Crash486 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 am

Very sad pics :-( best of luck fixing her up.
Crash486

Postby VALERIO on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:21 am

Thanks guys!
VALERIO

Postby VALERIO on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Valerio, sad to see, mate, but a new canopy will fix it. On another note, how have you found those rubber mounts for the compressor? I had some very similar which sheared off, but the studs were bonded into the rubber, not a straight through bolt. Ended up replacing them with bolts and springs.[/quote]

Well.. the rubbers came with the compressor and seems to be kind of a crappy cheap rubber, but nothing you can't change for a few coins.
VALERIO

Postby FRDESP on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 pm

What an awesome build up great pics and some great ideas. Sad to see the last few pics
FRDESP
Platinum Subscriber

Postby VALERIO on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 am

The canopy repair was started a few days ago, we have been very busy at the factory creating two new models of midibuses simultaneously so the best workers has been working a lot, but I managed to set a couple of guys from the fiber glass department to work in the canopy, the canopy is coming out from the graveyard ;) Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture[/URL[URL=http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/VALERIORIVERO/media/IMG-20140325-00948.jpg.html]Click to view larger picture
VALERIO

Postby VALERIO on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:33 am

FRDESP wrote:What an awesome build up great pics and some great ideas. Sad to see the last few pics

Thanks FRDESP, the build never ends ;) . In fact, the canopy accident makes me start to think about to make something like this>
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

What to you think about it mates?
VALERIO

Postby srb on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 pm

If you're thinking of making a slide on camper, make it as light weight as possible! ;-). Use foam sandwich fiberglass construction. So many of these manufacturers are making them far too heavy. Some are up over 500kgs before you even pack them with gear. :shock:
I have one that weighs 220kgs dry and by the time I load her up for extended trips its about 600+kgs :shock: Very easy to go over the rear axle weight when you have these types of campers. :roll:

But yeah they are bloody fantastic to use. No setup time just pull up at you camp and open the door.8-)
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby VALERIO on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:00 pm

srb wrote:If you're thinking of making a slide on camper, make it as light weight as possible! ;-). Use foam sandwich fiberglass construction. So many of these manufacturers are making them far too heavy. Some are up over 500kgs before you even pack them with gear. :shock:
I have one that weighs 220kgs dry and by the time I load her up for extended trips its about 600+kgs :shock: Very easy to go over the rear axle weight when you have these types of campers. :roll:

But yeah they are bloody fantastic to use. No setup time just pull up at you camp and open the door.8-)

That's right mate, weight is the #1 concern about a pop up camper, with that in mind 95% of the cell will be fiber glass reinforced with honeycomb panels to make it stronger but lighter.
VALERIO

Postby VALERIO on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 am

Since my last post I've been making some progress with the Camper, and meanwhile had a front little crash but strong enough to destroyed the front bumper, at that moment Mitsubishi released the new Montero Sport, Challenger in Australia, well.. it was about time since the new model was released a few years ago all over the world :x so decided to make the front end swap (bumper, headlamps and grilles) I didn't know the front fender flares are diferent :o . Well... at the end the mod was made but still wondering how to create a fender flare extension to cover the bumper holes Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
The other thing to mod is the center front spoiler, will make it alloy as the bashplate.
VALERIO

Postby VALERIO on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:46 am

As I told before the camper is getting up, however is getting there ssslooowwwllyyyy
Here a few pics, click on it to enlargeClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
VALERIO

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups