Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/recalls

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/rec

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 pm

The MLs seem to run cooler than the MNs. Whether that's because the latter works harder, or the thermostats are different or what I don't know. Mine tends to mostly sit in the low 90s but peaks in the high 90s, seemingly when it feels like it as it's not always directly related to my observations as to the load/work it is doing.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby bstarmotorsport on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:The MLs seem to run cooler than the MNs. Whether that's because the latter works harder, or the thermostats are different or what I don't know. Mine tends to mostly sit in the low 90s but peaks in the high 90s, seemingly when it feels like it as it's not always directly related to my observations as to the load/work it is doing.

Are these temps via your scan guage ? As I have recently just added a xrox bar and scan guage to monitor what's doing under there and have noticed that the temps have risen a little . Mine goes from 88-93 most of the time and in the 96-99 when loaded is this normal ?..
RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN !!!! AND TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE LIFTED
bstarmotorsport

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Yes via scangauge. I wouldn't say it's abnormal.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby chrisdoherty87 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:02 am

Anyone else see the recall for front drive shaft on 2012 mn? (I didn't see it on this thread yet). Welds could be faulty and cause drive / prop shaft to break and damage fuel lines. I checked the vin numbers and it appears mine falls into that batch. Odd, I thought with recalls mitsubishi would call and notify. Might call them today.
chrisdoherty87

Postby chrisdoherty87 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 am

Just got off the phone to mitsubishi and although my vin number is in the numbers mentioned on gov recall site for front prop shaft issue, mitsubishi say my car is not affected by any current recalls. The guy on the phone also confirmed there is a pending recall for overheating mn's so stay tuned.
chrisdoherty87

Postby Bitzrmisn on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:15 am

hvac guy wrote:Overheating recall stay tuned

Ours just blew the coolant out of the overflow bottle twice before being towed for a couple hundred k's.

When we got it to the nearest dealer he told us we should already have or be getting a letter in the next few days about 72000 tritons and challengers with faulty block machining that requires an engine change!! We haven't got the letter but were told it's for overheating and loss of coolant :o

Ours is getting a new motor in it now :?:
Bitzrmisn

Postby hvac guy on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 am

Sweet if a new motor is the fix
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chrisdoherty87 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:21 am

Oh so it's only a minor fix for a small number of tritons then :lol:
chrisdoherty87

Postby chevute on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Mine just had the recall for possible over heating done today dealer just did it while getting rust area's checked out amongst other things said the letter will be in the mail soon for recall and did mention something about some needing motor swaps
chevute

Postby hvac guy on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:18 pm

So what did they do
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bstarmotorsport on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Mine is in with a overheating issue , after 5.5hrs driving then decides to shit itself. The stealer is trying all sorts of shit to try and get out of doing anything under warranty ! My mech is a mitsi mech and used to work where my truck is currently being worked on , they tried the trick " not serviced by Mitsubishi - no warranty" crock of shit as the parts are brought from this place and my mech worked there for 8 yrs before coming to his senses and figured who was screwing who . Been in fora week and they recon they had fixed the overheating issue (new radiator cap, flush coolant and replace , new thermostat) now it isn't getting hot they say but it's rattling like crazy up top - they say il have to foot the bill as they think it's not a warranty issue !
Does anyone know what vin # the recalls for the overheating motors due to bad castings are ?
bstarmotorsport

Postby Turtlewa on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:08 am

Is this affecting anyone with 2010 build dates comply is 2/11
Mine is upto 64,000kms now
Anyone got a letter yet that can update us all on affected vin numbers

Ben
Turtlewa

Postby humphrey007 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:39 pm

mine is 9/2013 built and rang service department today on transmission issue, and by the way recall on your engine for overheating, in friday will post result
humphrey
humphrey007

Postby Rode on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:42 pm

2013 mn - took it in for 15000km service and when I dropped it off they said it has a recall. Kept it all day for testing apparently and replaced the coolant and radiator cap....
Rode

Postby dan_4818 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:43 pm

mines a 2010 MN just had the recall work done to it while it was in getting the 3rd gear synchro fixed. New radiator cap, coolant flush and ecu reflash
dan_4818
Platinum Subscriber

Postby giddyup on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:55 pm

dan_4818 wrote:mines a 2010 MN just had the recall work done to it while it was in getting the 3rd gear synchro fixed. New radiator cap, coolant flush and ecu reflash

Did you notice the revs hanging/not dropping between gear changes?

A few people said this happens after the ecu reflash.
giddyup

Postby bodia on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Got my reflash done today with the overheating recall and wow so much better to drive!! Yes it does hold the revs more and has totally got rid oif that jurky backlash feeling at low throttle
bodia

Postby tmichel on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Rode wrote:2013 mn - took it in for 15000km service and when I dropped it off they said it has a recall. Kept it all day for testing apparently and replaced the coolant and radiator cap....

Had the same done to mine today 2014 mn didn't mention the reflash but does seem a lot quieter and smoother with less lag between 1000rpm and 1500rpm
tmichel

Postby bribric on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:22 pm

dan_4818 wrote:mines a 2010 MN just had the recall work done to it while it was in getting the 3rd gear synchro fixed. New radiator cap, coolant flush and ecu reflash

What build date is yours. I had my 2010 Challenger (Nov 09 build) in this week, asked about the recall and was told mine wasn't affected which seems odd to me.
bribric

Engine Overheating issue

Postby DirtPig on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:51 am

I recieved an sms on Thursday, was told to contact dealer for a service bulletin involving the possibility of engine overheating.
Went in to see what they were on about and they booked my MN Triton in for the check.
I was told that this only affects 2.5 MN diesel.
Anyone know of any further details?
Should I remove my blanking plate before I take it in? :shock:
Silver 2013 GLX MN Deisel Manual
DirtPig

Re: Engine Overheating issue

Postby mitzikatzi on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:03 pm

DirtPig wrote:I recieved an sms on Thursday, was told to contact dealer for a service bulletin involving the possibility of engine overheating.
Went in to see what they were on about and they booked my MN Triton in for the check.
I was told that this only affects 2.5 MN diesel.
Anyone know of any further details?
Should I remove my blanking plate before I take it in? :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17446

I would.
mitzikatzi

Postby bstarmotorsport on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Got my truck back yesterday -finally after much tooing and frowing !
This word for word on the documentation.
2 causes , internal injector failure and engine block.
Surface damage as per campaign 020116 , resulting in cyl 2 piston/bore damage .
Checked coolant level, ok , pressure tested cooling system , ok ,run engine and check thermostat opening ok, carried out TK combustion leak test ok , road test to find operating temp to be ok . Will recheck temp after overheating campaign carried out . Tappets cover to be removed to check valve train components for tapping/knocking , removed tappet cover , inspected valve train to find ok , carried out compression test cyl 2 very low compression . Carried out cylinder leak down test , cyl 2 failed , cyl 1 low , submitted TSR with test results , removed cyl head as per TSR , cyl 2 piston/bore damage . Taken photos of cylinder/piston , submitted to TSR , checked fuel & Oil levels & condition as per TSR . Obtained service history and submitted to TSR , instructed to replace the long engine as per campaign 020116.
Removed engine assembled , swapped the engine with a new engine. Remove alternator, Intake manifolds egr , egr cooler , a/c compressor bracket , thermostat housing , thermostat cap , fuel pump , fuel rail , vacuum hoses then put them onto the new engine after being serviced and cleaned . Supplied and fitted new thermostat , fuel pipes all engine gaskets to new engine . Carried out tappet adjustments , SQL , fuel pump initialising ,filled with coolant and oil , carried out road test , rechecked , ok .
So I was lucky enough to get a brand new motor and clutch too!!!

So they came to the party after all the crap we went through - persistence pays off .
Very happy and I get 2 free services too.
bstarmotorsport

Postby baito on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:44 pm

bstarmotorsport wrote:Got my truck back yesterday -finally after much tooing and frowing !
This word for word on the documentation.
2 causes , internal injector failure and engine block.
Surface damage as per campaign 020116 , resulting in cyl 2 piston/bore damage .
Checked coolant level, ok , pressure tested cooling system , ok ,run engine and check thermostat opening ok, carried out TK combustion leak test ok , road test to find operating temp to be ok . Will recheck temp after overheating campaign carried out . Tappets cover to be removed to check valve train components for tapping/knocking , removed tappet cover , inspected valve train to find ok , carried out compression test cyl 2 very low compression . Carried out cylinder leak down test , cyl 2 failed , cyl 1 low , submitted TSR with test results , removed cyl head as per TSR , cyl 2 piston/bore damage . Taken photos of cylinder/piston , submitted to TSR , checked fuel & Oil levels & condition as per TSR . Obtained service history and submitted to TSR , instructed to replace the long engine as per campaign 020116.
Removed engine assembled , swapped the engine with a new engine. Remove alternator, Intake manifolds egr , egr cooler , a/c compressor bracket , thermostat housing , thermostat cap , fuel pump , fuel rail , vacuum hoses then put them onto the new engine after being serviced and cleaned . Supplied and fitted new thermostat , fuel pipes all engine gaskets to new engine . Carried out tappet adjustments , SQL , fuel pump initialising ,filled with coolant and oil , carried out road test , rechecked , ok .
So I was lucky enough to get a brand new motor and clutch too!!!

So they came to the party after all the crap we went through - persistence pays off .
Very happy and I get 2 free services too.

Good to see mate. Hope this one goes well for ya
baito

Postby AnOldFart on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:23 pm

I bet there have been some bloody -'interesting'- conversations held recently back at Mitsui's Nippon Corporate Headquarters about the -'wisdom'- of their decision to run their engine block manufacturing plant's machining '-tools'- past their use-by dates. Ohh to be a fly on the wall .... ;) :D
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:55 am

So far I've been lucky, second owner and really have only had the known issues looked at and rectified;

- airbag loom swap
- drivers seat movement
- overheating prevention
- 3rd gear synchro fix

Mitsubishi by far outdo warranty work compared in my experience with Ford, holden/HSV and Toyota. Many a praise for them actually 'warranting' their vehicles
MilkmanDan

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls