Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Thank You!

Read all about it!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Thank You!

Postby Dave on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:13 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all members and their families a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and to say a massive Thank You to the moderators for their help throughout 2015 without them the forum wouldn't run so well and not to mention each and every one of you who has contributed by posting on the forum, it's what makes this site so brilliant and enjoyable.

I would also like to thank to all of our sponsors who strive to help and look after our members:

. 4WD Supplies
. ARB 4x4 Accessories
. Bush Skinz 4x4
. Dig Options
. Mitsubishi Motors Australia
. Scott's Rods Performance Exhausts
. SupaFit Seat Covers
. Triton Wreckers
. Ultimate 4WD Equipment
. Ultimate Suspension
. Vehicle Modification Network

For those travelling on the roads, please take care out there and stay safe, see you all in 2016!

All the best,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Thank You!

Postby Tasc4life on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Merry Xmas mate,

I've only been around for a couple months but this sites is full of useful information and people willing to help out! Great forum environment!

I look forward to getting a build thread started in the new year and putting some of the information here to use!

All the best and merry Xmas to all!

Cheers,

Clint
Tasc4life

Postby ML2008 on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Hard to imagine but the little fat fella in red will be dropping in on all the kids in just over 2 hours :o

Can't think how I would have done without my Triton and by association the New Triton Forum in 2015,and in particular Cowboy Dave. Has open up a whole new life for me and given back my confidence in myself and my undiscovered abilities to do things with my hands, on cars, around the house, in the garden and turned out to be a pretty good cook as well.

So to everyone on this forum I wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year, take care on the roads and in the bush and I look forward to seeing your writings again on the Forum in 2016.

To all those who have lost Family and Great Friends in 2015, your grief will be heightened at this time of year, you are not now and never will be alone, they are with us just on the other side of the fence and watching, so rejoice that you knew them and laugh at all the things that made you laugh with them, because they just might be lonely too without you.

Cheers
ML2008
ML2008
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dieselweasel on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:50 am

Merry Christmas from me and the boys!

Click to view larger picture
Click to view larger picture

Thanks for all your help and input, as a result of the many kind people on this forum, my triton runs like a dream.
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Postby snakesoup on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:39 am

nice looking whippet diesel!! I'm actually looking for one at the moment !!
mum and dad bread whippets when I was a kid ! great dogs , I want to get one for my young fella now
snakesoup

Postby dieselweasel on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks soup, he's just the most in-tune dog I've ever known. Great with everyone and every dog, incredible with the newborn. I talk to him like a human and I know he understands everything. I dont walk him on a lead, it doesn't matter where I am, he heels and does exactly what I say. A perfect dog for me and the wife. We're also trying to find another whippet, our boy is intact so plan was to find a female and get our puppy that way. Problem is, whippets are so rare in western oz in the southwest that he's now just turned 5 and we've not found anyone yet!
Where are you based soup?
dieselweasel

Postby snakesoup on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:27 am

I'm in vic mate, south gippsland, the dogs I've come across so far they all want a small fortune for them ! but I'm just waiting for the right one to come along really, even a whippet cross makes a great dog, my dad had a whippet / red heeler cross some time ago and she was probably the best dog I've ever seen, so bloody smart! we were at the birdsville races one year with her and there was a couple that had flown there plane in for the weekend and were having a chat with us and they didn't hesitate to offer us $10,000 for the dog! dad declined the offer as she was worth more than that to us!
snakesoup

Postby dieselweasel on Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:12 pm

A whippet X red heeler would be a lurcher, lurchers are a sighthound crossed with a herding dog, mostly greyhound X collies in the uk and Scotland, lurchers are amazing dogs but not a 'registered breed' because of the many options of mixing the two types of breed to create one.
Whippet-red heeler sounds mad, bet she was a nice looking dog too,
You can also get longdogs too, again not a registered breed but a longdog is a mix of any of the sighthounds. Whippet, greyhound, saluki, borzoi, azkawah, galgol, deerhound, wolfhound.

Yeah all we want is a whippet but the $1500 price tag is a little too much to give someone that just churns them out to sell, we're after the right one too. The blue amstaff belongs to my cousin and whilst hes a lovely dog, he's a chewer and a drooler and a barker and fights for alpha constantly. Gets on with the whippet well although could quite easily hurt him without knowing or intending. Good luck with your search for a pup, I would never be without a dog in my life.
dieselweasel

Postby snakesoup on Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:33 pm

cheers diesel, sounds like you know ya dog! yes she was a buitifull looking dog ..lurcher hey
snakesoup

Return to Announcements & News