Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R

Postby Jacobie on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:01 am

Hi Everyone,

I've been on the forum for quite a while and thought it was time to start my build thread going as I got some mods on and Sej helped me out with the pics.

Click to view larger picture

This is the day I picked her up, 2013 MN GLX-R with 50k kms on the clock. As this is my first car and first 4x4 (obviously), I was a little unsure of what to get. I needed capability to drive to Bris everyday and wanted some off-road weekend adventure traits. I was going to get a D22 Navara, but I changed my mind after research and opted out after I drove it, didn't drive as well as the Triton in my opinion . So far I'm loving the Triton and its doing me well! It goes a lot of places my friends can't!
It came with anti-rust proofing, tub liner, duel battery set-up (in the tub), reverse camera, EBS and factory Diff Locks (which helps a lot)! Pretty good grab I thought.

Soon after I got some new suspension giving it around 2" of lift.

A month or two after the new legs, I got the some new shoes to suite, 265/75/16 Yokie Geolanders.

Next mod is Rock Sliders, in the mean time I decided to paint my sports and nudge bar using dupli-colour custom wrap. I will probably also do the badge and grill, the chrome doesn't match the black parts very well :(

Future mods:
ML Tub conversion: IF ANYONE HAS A ML CHARCOAL/GUNMETAL TUB IN BRIS HIT ME UP!
UHF
XroxBar
2.5" or 3" exhaust
Tow-bar raise mod
Snorkel
Roof racks/awning/light bar

That is all I have done so far, I will update the thread when I have got the next mod fitted!
Thanks for reading!
Jacob
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Re: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R

Postby hydronic141 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 am

Nice rig mate, I really like the wheels
hydronic141

Postby moonza on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 am

Looks mint what did they slug ya for suspension? nearly ready to do mine
moonza

Postby Jacobie on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:02 pm

hydronic141 wrote:Nice rig mate, I really like the wheels

Time for you to get a set mate? ;) ;)
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:06 pm

moonza wrote:Looks mint what did they slug ya for suspension? nearly ready to do mine

Can't remember, was between 1500-1800. Great mod though mate for sure. :lol:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby moonza on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Im in tweed did ya get it in brizzy? They definitely need it cant wait
moonza

Postby SEJ GLX-R on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Nice looking rig mate, glad I can finally see it. :P :P :lol:
See my build thread ... HERE
See my shed ............. HERE
SEJ GLX-R

Postby Jacobie on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:45 pm

moonza wrote:Im in tweed did ya get it in brizzy? They definitely need it cant wait

Yeah mate Brissy.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:46 pm

SEJ GLX-R wrote:Nice looking rig mate, glad I can finally see it. :P :P :lol:

Thanks Sej not as nice as yours, but she'll get there :lol: :lol:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Duck on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Looks good :)
When I was a tad younger we all use to pay to get all our black car bits chromed, now we all paint our chrome black :lol:
What settled you on the xrox ?
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Jacobie on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:08 pm

Duck wrote:Looks good :)
When I was a tad younger we all use to pay to get all our black car bits chromed, now we all paint our chrome black :lol:
What settled you on the xrox ?

Cheers Duck.
Not so much settled on it, just like the look :lol: :lol: What would you recommend?
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Fri May 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Havn't updated in a while so here we go. Not much done really,
I ended up fitting a UHF, Roof racks and Awning. This was about 1 week before I went to Fraser for 5 days.

Our Camp site was at Ocean Beach. Was a really good area, just past Orchid Beach so close to the town, just down the road from a toilet and was far away from the tourists getting bogged everywhere!

Drove up to the Sandy Cape, that day there was about 30 cars parked up either watching people get bogged or waiting to go through. Being the first time going through Ngala Rocks I was a little worries, didn't help that there was about 20 people sitting down watching people get through either. Ended up powering right through without a problem at all, definitely wasn't as hard as people were saying. This Pick was later on in the day when everyone seemed to have dispersed.

Anyway... Back to reality after what seemed to be a very small trip. I ordered my sliders a two weeks before Fraser, but due to some unfortunate events they were delayed. When they arrived I took em to a mates and chucked them on. Quite heavy being steel and with just 2 people, it was quick fun. The brake lines and all the other things running along the passenger side made things more... interesting also.

Since then, I haven't done much, just been to a few local spots, the sliders definitely took a bit on this day :lol:

The last thing I have done is put on some ARB bash plates I bought off a bloke on the Facebook page. I also had a crazy idea to paint them fluro green, as I like green and i thought it would look cool with the Grey/Black. :mrgreen:

2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby snakesoup on Fri May 06, 2016 5:27 pm

great pics mate! rig is looking sweet! how did she go up against the ranger? what's the ranger like in low range first ? for my liking the triton is still geared too high when in low 1st!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Postby Jacobie on Mon May 09, 2016 8:56 am

snakesoup wrote:great pics mate! rig is looking sweet! how did she go up against the ranger? what's the ranger like in low range first ? for my liking the triton is still geared too high when in low 1st!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah mate, the Ranger is a pretty tough unit! The ol Triton keeps up with it though!
Yeah the Rangers low-range is lower then the Triton I'm pretty sure. My mate let me drive it but I wasn't in it for long enough for a Low-Range test.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Sun May 15, 2016 10:35 am

Little update.

Got a Little busy on the weekend and got my spotlights installed.

I also thought it was a good time to blacken out the grille, so that's what I did, turned out pretty good i think.

The Final product looks pretty good in my opinion. The lights are a little small but can throw some decent light!

2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Duck on Sun May 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Very busy boy :)
Truck is looking schmicko, I have no recomendation on a front bar, whatever you like the look of & the price is completely up to you.
I would like to black out my bars, wanna swap bars ?
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Jacobie on Sun May 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Duck wrote:Very busy boy :)
Truck is looking schmicko, I have no recomendation on a front bar, whatever you like the look of & the price is completely up to you.
I would like to black out my bars, wanna swap bars ?

Cheers Duck, What bars are you talking about? It's easy to do it mate, just buzz down to super cheap and grab some dupli-colour custom wrap and spray 3 or 4 times.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Merts on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Those tyres look good. They fill the wheel arches nicely.
The 265/65r17s on my rig look a bit small now it's lifted. They are about 27mm larger than standard, whereas yours are about 54mm. Makes a big difference to how the vehicle looks.

Have you noticed much difference in performance or fuel consumption?
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jacobie on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Merts wrote:Those tyres look good. They fill the wheel arches nicely.
The 265/65r17s on my rig look a bit small now it's lifted. They are about 27mm larger than standard, whereas yours are about 54mm. Makes a big difference to how the vehicle looks.

Have you noticed much difference in performance or fuel consumption?

Cheers Merts. Looking back, I should of went the 285's. I was worried about legalities and fuel etc. turns out the 265's aren't that bad. I've got pics of 8.5L/100 after a drive. The figures fluctuate obviously but stay below 10L/100 when driving to work on the highway generally 9.5L/100.

Performance wise, I honestly haven't noticed much. I'd say I did when I got them put on but after driving with them on for a few months now I don't have many problems, just the normal lag :)

As a side note. The wheels definitely improved off road performance, which for me is a great plus :D
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:49 pm

Small update.
Not much has happened recently. I'm currently saving up for a bullbar. What I have recently been able to acquire is a spare wheel plate for my steel rims. As the stock wheel plate is too small for it.

So I started by taking the spare wheel out from under the tub, as you can see it hasn't had much love :(

Anyway It went on easy but took a little more to crank as the steelies are quite heavy. :lol:

As you can see there isnt much room left, Don't think id fit a 33 i can barely fit a finger between the wheel and the bolts.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Maxiy on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:15 am

As you can see there isnt much room left, Don't think id fit a 33 i can barely fit a finger between the wheel and the bolts.

What is the clearance from the exhaust like?
Maxiy

Postby Jacobie on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:24 am

Maxiy wrote:

What is the clearance from the exhaust like?

Hey mate, there is much more room on that side. Not Sure exactly but I reckon its about a fist. :lol:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby mclheaven on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:46 am

Where did you find the spare wheel plate? I'm in need of one badly and have piss poor fab skills
mclheaven

Postby Jacobie on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:20 am

mclheaven wrote:Where did you find the spare wheel plate? I'm in need of one badly and have piss poor fab skills

Hi Mate,

Got it from this bloke http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-Triton-spare-wheel-carrier-plate-/112003530796?hash=item1a13ee402c:g:6g4AAOSwp5JWZppO

Hope that helps.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Maxiy on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:53 am

Hey mate, there is much more room on that side. Not Sure exactly but I reckon its about a fist. :lol:

Awesome,i went with 265,70,16 when i upgraded, but think i will go with 75 next time.

Where did you find the spare wheel plate? I'm in need of one badly and have piss poor fab skills

HAHAHA my fab skills are piss poor also, didnt stop me though :roll: . Welded some larger steel tabs to the stock plate. looks like shite, but its under the car so didnt bother me :lol:
Maxiy

Next

Return to Member Build Ups