Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R

Postby ag9111 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:15 am

Maxiy wrote:
Welded some larger steel tabs to the stock plate. looks like shite,

That's like my welding.
A foot of bird shit is as good as an inch of good weld :D
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jacobie on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:26 am

ag9111 wrote:
Maxiy wrote:
Welded some larger steel tabs to the stock plate. looks like shite,

That's like my welding.
A foot of bird shit is as good as an inch of good weld :D

Last time I tried welding something, It was one of my brothers trailer he was making. I burnt a hole in it, so since then I quit trying to weld stuff.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby mclheaven on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:51 am

Jacobie wrote:
mclheaven wrote:Where did you find the spare wheel plate? I'm in need of one badly and have piss poor fab skills

Hi Mate,

Got it from this bloke http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-Triton-spare-wheel-carrier-plate-/112003530796?hash=item1a13ee402c:g:6g4AAOSwp5JWZppO

Hope that helps.

Legend. Just ordered one. Cheers.
mclheaven

Postby Jacobie on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 am

No worries mate, nice and easy to install, fast shipping, all goods. :D
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:28 am

Thought I'd share some pics from a recent trip to Janowin hills 4wd park. Was a pretty cold weekend having a cold snap, got to the negatives over night.

Click to view larger picture

I wish I took some more videos and pics, but being the only one in my car I couldn't take much.

And to Top it all off, a trip wouldn't be complete if no one had dramas. Mate thought he would have a swim in a little dam. My other mate in his ranger punctured his Tyre (plugged it up and kept fourbyin) and the other made friends with a tree.

Overall was a good trip, no damage to me (thankfully) and we all drove home at the end.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Over the past few weeks, my brother has been making me a tray, whilst doing uni. We started the tray as just the base as I still have my tub on and I have to drive to work. At the moment, the dimensions are 1550L x 1650W, this will probably be the running dimensions but everything is subject to change.

This is what the tray looked like when I put it on to get measurements for the mounts. Not to bad I don't think. I'm pushing to get the lights and mudguards on so I can drive it around as just the bed. I'm not sure if I want drop down sides, have it as it is in the pic or have a rear headboard to have a canvas canopy setup...
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:52 am

Finally got around to getting my bullbar on the weekend. Got the Xrox from Opposite Lock for a pretty good deal.

Took it home at Midday and got in on by around 5pm. Pretty straight forward install, including the washer bottle replacement. I got my brother to do the bumper cut as I knew I'd muck it up somehow.

Stoked with the look of it and the extra approach angle is nice 8-)

Next will Hopefully be a stainless snorkel and my tray. Then I'll be "Finished" for now :lol:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Tasc4life on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Nice looking rig mate! I might have missed it in here somewhere, but what is the offset on your rims? That look like thaey sit well in the front guard!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Tasc4life

Postby Jacobie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Tasc4life wrote:Nice looking rig mate! I might have missed it in here somewhere, but what is the offset on your rims? That look like thaey sit well in the front guard!

Cheers mate.
If I remember correctly I have a 0 offset, with 265/75/16s if you look at it down the back or front it pokes a couple mill.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Tasc4life on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Thank mate, they look tidy as!

Tasc4life

Postby Jacobie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Tasc4life wrote:Thank mate, they look tidy as!

Thanks mate, yeah I sprayed em with some Tyre shine aha. I wish i got 33" muddy's though :cry:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Tasc4life on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Jacobie wrote:

Thanks mate, yeah I sprayed em with some Tyre shine aha. I wish i got 33" muddy's though :cry:

I just painted a set of Mitsubishi 16inch alloys and put on some BFG ko2 in 265/75/16. Very impressed with them! The tyre shine played a massive role in pleasing the missus ;) muddies would be good but I was worried about the noise and wear with road use (i drive 150km round trip for work each day). Any bigger would have killed me on hills when towing! It's noticeable without a load!

The stock rims sit nicely inside the guard, pretty much leaves the sidewalls nibs flush with the front. I might keep the 0 offset in mind if rims need changing down the track [THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Tasc4life

Postby Jacobie on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:48 am

Tasc4life wrote:
Jacobie wrote:

I just painted a set of Mitsubishi 16inch alloys and put on some BFG ko2 in 265/75/16. Very impressed with them! The tyre shine played a massive role in pleasing the missus ;) muddies would be good but I was worried about the noise and wear with road use (i drive 150km round trip for work each day). Any bigger would have killed me on hills when towing! It's noticeable without a load!

The stock rims sit nicely inside the guard, pretty much leaves the sidewalls nibs flush with the front. I might keep the 0 offset in mind if rims need changing down the track [THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Nice mate!
Luckily Steelies can be picked up under $100 each brand new, so I guess if you really want them that much you could just start running into gutters or something :lol: That will give you a reason to "Upgrade" :lol:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Tasc4life on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:12 am

Haha, the wife is good at that on her own! Might keeo the alloys for road with the ATs and get some steelies down the track with 33 muddies! Good plan I reckon!

Tasc4life

Postby Jacobie on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:08 am

Tasc4life wrote:Haha, the wife is good at that on her own! Might keeo the alloys for road with the ATs and get some steelies down the track with 33 muddies! Good plan I reckon!

Yeah mate good Idea. I still have my fac alloys sitting in the shed. Most likely going to sell them for some cash to get other mods though. :lol:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:06 am

Had a very eventful weekend this weekend at Bribie Island.
To start it all off it was forecast to storm and rain (a lot), which it kinda did.

It was a little rainy during the day but by the time we got up there and aired down our tyres the rain had passed. Got down onto the beach and headed to our usual spot where the rope swing is. It didn't take long for the storm clouds to form and head our way. We only had a couple of hours of fun in the sun before we made a mad dash for the campsite to setup while it was still dry.

It didn't take long to setup especially when there was rain on the way. Had a pretty decent site with plenty of room for 3 cars, 2 awnings, gazebo and rooftop tent with plenty of room to spare.

*Interesting part*
When we finally setup my mate decided to grab some wood, long story short he collected his axed with his bare foot and left a nice, long, deep cut. I would post the picture but it's quite graphic... Anyway we did a home job to fix it and had to take the lux to the mainland to meet up with the ambo.

4 hours later and we get a call from my mate to get him from Caboolture hospital, so we picked him up, brought him back to camp and continued the weekend 12 stitches and a few morphine sticks later.

The next day was much better, woke up to clear sunny skies. Perfect day for the beach. Saw a few NTN members out there including CJSXRT on the beach and at the servo.
Was a good weekend despite the events, definitely one for the books.

2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby snakesoup on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:50 pm

nice one mate! pity about ya mates foot! how did the triton go vs the hilux and Colorado ?
snakesoup

Postby Jacobie on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:15 am

snakesoup wrote:nice one mate! pity about ya mates foot! how did the triton go vs the hilux and Colorado ?

Haha was alright for everyone else, not so much for him though...

Yeah the mighty tritey went well, Loves driving in the sand! The Collie had its first drive on the beach and had some problems with losing power, turns out there's a TC button and you hold it in to turn ESP off which was cutting the power. As for the lux, no problems, although somehow my mates light bulb jumped out of the socket and sat on the airbox for some time (maybe a few weeks) ended up burning a hole in the airbox. Just plugged it up with a glove :lol:

As for the Triton... No problems :lol: Although I still would love a wind booster or tune to get up and go a bit quicker. Driving the lux after driving the Triton you can tell the difference in the low end power.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Ricky on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Which camp site did you stay at mate?
My bribie pass runs out in October so I need to head up for a weekend of beach fishing before it does.
Ricky

Postby Jacobie on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Ricky wrote:Which camp site did you stay at mate?
My Bribie pass runs out in October so I need to head up for a weekend of beach fishing before it does.

Hey mate, I camped at Poverty Creek as there were no spots at Ocean Beach. I wasn't too keen at first as I hadn't stayed there before. Turns out to be quite a nice spot. Nice drive to there and we had plenty of room, has toilets, showers and fire pit. The downside was no easy beach access like Ocean Beach site and the midgies were out and about more so then OB. Depends on what site you get. My last stay at Ocean Beach there was little room, but I know there are larger sites.

Couldn't tell you how the actual Poverty Creek was, as we didn't go there.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Ricky on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Cheers mate.
I'll try and get a spot on OB side to make the fishing easier.
I poked in at poverty point last time I went the inland track but didn't realise there was showers there, might be able to get the Mrs and kids to camp there lol.
Ricky

Postby snakesoup on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Jacobie wrote:
snakesoup wrote:nice one mate! pity about ya mates foot! how did the triton go vs the hilux and Colorado ?

Yeah the mighty tritey went well, Loves driving in the sand! The Collie had its first drive on the beach and had some problems with losing power, turns out there's a TC button and you hold it in to turn ESP off which was cutting the power. As for the lux, no problems, although somehow my mates light bulb jumped out of the socket and sat on the airbox for some time (maybe a few weeks) ended up burning a hole in the airbox. Just plugged it up with a glove :lol:

As for the Triton... No problems :lol: Although I still would love a wind booster or tune to get up and go a bit quicker. Driving the lux after driving the Triton you can tell the difference in the low end power.

yeah nice one man, and yeah the hilux makes its torque a lot earlier than the Trito, " this is one of my hates of the triton" still can't bring myself to drop 300 odd on wind booster when I'm not convinced it will help with this, a tune on the other hand hhmmmm, problem is convincing the missus that my ute needs more low down torque ! not easy
snakesoup

Postby Jacobie on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:40 pm

snakesoup wrote:
Jacobie wrote:

yeah nice one man, and yeah the hilux makes its torque a lot earlier than the Trito, " this is one of my hates of the triton" still can't bring myself to drop 300 odd on wind booster when I'm not convinced it will help with this, a tune on the other hand hhmmmm, problem is convincing the missus that my ute needs more low down torque ! not easy

Yeah mate I know what you mean, however. I am more down the path of the wind booster for $200 as I've first hand felt the difference of the wind booster, although it doesn't produce more power, it will help the get up and go problems. A tune further down the track would be lovely.
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:36 am

So It's been a while since I updated my thread.

The last time I was at my sisters I took a pic where I took the first ever pic of my car, have a little side by side progress pic. Ive come a long way I think, with plenty more mods up and coming. :roll:

The Last things that has happened to my triton is the windbooster from Glen. Painted my mirrors and handles and got her towed home after my clutch leaked and ran out of fluid. :(

The wind booster was fairly straight forward, quite fiddly as im not the slimest dude. Ended up removing the throttle completely and just connecting it then bolting it back on. Can't get over how much it has improved the drive of the car. Glad Naff took me for a test drive and his, really swayed me toward it! Can't recommend it enough, I can actually use 5th gear on the highway now, its great!

The clutch failed last night, so I'm currently borrowing my mates BT50 until the trito gets fixed.

Finally, my snorkel is being fabbed and fitted on the 21st of Dec, a nice little Christmas pressy for me, cant wait! :D
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Naff on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Looking good bud!
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups