The Drawers Thread - Show Us Yours Here

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: The Drawers Thread - Show Us Yours Here

Postby willsyjp on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:07 pm

peterkiwi wrote:Have you got any photos of them installed kxboss? id like to install these in my ML with retaining the tub liner.

Yes me too. Do they fit with the ML with tub liner
willsyjp

Postby Mudme on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:10 am

Some pics?
Mudme

Postby Sav on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:31 am

I just installed my Titan drawers yesterday.. easy as check out my build thread if u want to see some pics of install

For those who have installed what have you done about wings?

Im struggling to find matching carpet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sav

Postby KMsMK on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Gday all, I've been sneaking around here for some time now, but never posted. Love the all the info too. I'm in the middle of making my drawer system. For runners I've used boat trailer nylon lengths from bcf, cut down for both the drawer and the fridge slide. I noticed that if there is a good load in the drawers that it is a bit harder to use. After an epiphany I realized that MR SHEEN works wonders at minimising the friction. So thought I would share with thise others with nylon strips for runners.
KMsMK

Postby snakesoup on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:37 pm

silicon spray would probably be the go ! dust doesn't stick to it
snakesoup

rear drawers

Postby daves on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 pm

has anyone fitted the 4wd supercentre draws and had any issues with them,iam thinking of getting the 1300 long
daves

Postby Camma119 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:18 pm

So I’ve been through this whole topic and can’t find what I’m after. I just purchased the titan rear drawers with wings for my mn triton, has anyone purchased and installed these. Seems that the wheel arches sit higher than the drawer unit so that the wings won’t work. Or i have to try and cut them around the arches which will look messy. Any info guys?
Camma119

Postby Enid_Triton on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:09 pm

I know this is an old post but I just went through the same ordeal with the Titan Drawers I purchased for my MN.
"It will fit straight in" he said, "Really easy to install" he said, "It only takes about 2 hours" he said.
Well it didn't fit straight in, and it wasn't easy, and it took me the whole day.

To get the drawers & wing kit to fit in neatly you have to put 30mm thick spacers under the frame that are also wide enough to spread the load over the ribs in tub liner or it will eventually flatten out.
Then cut 100mm off the rear wing angle bracket so it will sit flat on the guard. You don't shorten it, you just remove the thickness where it is folded down in a U shape for strength. Then it sits perfectly on top of the guard without any movement.
Then shape the wing lids to fit the side profiles of the tub.
Then extend & shape the carpeted ends by 100mm wide & 40mm in depth (at the bottom) with metal, I used 2 mm thick aluminum sheet. There is enough carpet left over from the wings to do this.
Also, you can put a piece of carpeted aluminum angle at the Cab end on top of the drawers to stop any crap falling down into the 20mm gap that ends up being left there. I had to buy more Utility carpet from Bunning's for this, a close match too.
I also neatened it up at the front with a piece of aluminum angle & glued carpet onto it & then cut to fit the tub profile, Otherwise you can see underneath because it is now raised by 30mm.
Anyway, it takes heaps longer than it should and you have to do a fair bit of custom fabricating to get it into a MN Triton, but it turns out pretty good in the long run.
Here is mine:
Click to view larger picture
Enid_Triton

Postby Butch07 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Looks awesome Enid!! Curious what how you mounted it with tub liner in?
Did you locate mounting points underneath the drill up?
Butch07

Postby Enid_Triton on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 pm

I put the frame in on its own first, got it centered,then I counted the tub ribs at the tailgate and measured & checked the tub ribs underneath for clearance and then drilled down through the frame.
So to answer your question, I drilled through the liner & tub from the top.
Then I got some 30mm thick treated pine studs and made a frame to fit underneath the drawer frame. Otherwise you cannot fit the drawer wings (they sit L & R of the drawers).
Then I put the wooden frame under the metal draw frame & drilled it.
Then I pumped all of the holes full of sealer, put the long bolts through everything and used large tight fitting flat washers under the nuts with more sealer.
That part was pretty easy, it's putting the kit together & bolting it into that frame that takes time. Then you have to cut & shape the wings to fit in the gap between the drawers & the tub liner.
A Tip 1: Use some cardboard & cut it to the same size as the untouched wings in the kit.
Then by trial & error shape the cardboard until you get it to fit in the gap perfectly, then transfer the shape to the marine ply wings. But make the finished versions 1-2 mm smaller than your cardboard template the whole way around to take the thickness of the carpet that you have to glue on.
Tip 2: You have to extend the tailgate ends of the wing kit down towards the liner, the supplied generic ones are too short, I shaped & riveted on some 3mm aluminum sheet (you can't tell once it's carpeted and the bends you put in it give it strength).
Enid_Triton

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups