Airbag Warning Light

Re: Airbag Warning Light

Postby GLX11R on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:47 pm

After ringing the dealership and organising a day to book the car in. The manager told me it may not be included in the warranty..? Anyone that has had this issue fixed been told it isn't covered under warranty?
GLX11R

Postby snakesoup on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:53 pm

don't cop that mate, it's a very well known issue with ALOT of these vehicles, call another dealer if you can
snakesoup

Postby GLX11R on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Definitely not! im more than sure he has come across this issue
GLX11R

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Ask him what wear and tear you've put on your wiring loom. Clearly it left the factory in a defective state, it just took a while to emerge.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby BattleBorn91 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:02 am

Hey guys.

Have recently joined the SRS Airbag Club. Have so far replaced the clock spring twice and the Drivers seatbelt pretensioner. Mitsy did the most recent work, the belt and clock spring. Told me to come pick it up from the shop this morning. Airbag light still on. So i went back in and told them, and they took it out the back to check for codes. Now im up for a drivers airbag, not sure where this is going to end. Im sick of pouring money into a ute i havent been able to drive for 3 weeks now. (Can't get it rego'd with the light on)

Im the second owner of Roxanne, and she's been out of warranty for a few months now. What can i do guys?
BattleBorn91

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 am

Find another dealer by the sounds of it. If it's an MN then it's pretty likely to be the floor harness and there has been a hotline fix out for it for a while.

I also wouldn't be paying for the work if I could avoid it. This is a known problem that they left the factory with and it's not a question of Mitsy's warranty but of statutory requirements to sell vehicles that are up to spec.

Cowboy Dave

Postby BattleBorn91 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Thats what i'm thinking CD, but im not sure which mitsy service centre would be happy to fix a car they wouldn't be making money from. I'm sure MMAL would re-imburst, but im not looking forward to the battle ahead.
BattleBorn91

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Mitsy still pays them for their labour, just not at the retail rate that you would pay.

Cowboy Dave

Postby BattleBorn91 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:21 pm

They're ripping up the floor and roof to look at Roxanne's looms now boys, i'll let you know how it goes. Was told by a service advisor "This is a common fault".
BattleBorn91

Postby jasoncpaull on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:16 pm

some Supercheap Auto stores have Bosch auto scanners. They scanned my Challenger and managed to clear the airbag light (which I've been ignoring for a couple of months). error code was low voltage codes. I had battery probs and a new battery put in the days before i noticed the light on. scan only cost $14. ($28 if u want a printed report with errors. ps: tech had to put my car in the scan tool as an MN Triton because it wasn't reading any systems properly when done as a Challenger?)

Just thought i would post for info. a lot cheaper than mechanic or dealer if out warranty.
jasoncpaull

Postby Hammo on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:31 pm

I have had the airbag light on in the dash for a while now, and finally after reading this forum, decided to take it in to Heartland at Castle Hill in Sydney. They hooked up the diagnostics, showing 3 error codes, made the light go out and sent me on my way with a quote to replace the top and bottom wiring harnesses for $1,229.15 if needed a a later date.
So after only 3 days, the airbag light comes back on, so I ring them and talk to Kelly from their warranty dept, who tells me that the vehicle is no longer under warranty, but due to being original owner and having full service records, she would approach MMA and see if they would come to the party.
Booked in for 18th Oct with all costs to be covered by MMA - will be a full days work to fix - not sure if full harness replacement or a bypass fix, but at least they are covering the costs.
Gives some hope to those who are out of the warranty period / km range.
Mine is a 2010 MN GLX-R manual purchased 30 Sep 10, with over 171,000 on the clock.

Have also had the gearbox rebuilt under warranty when the synchro's went on 3rd in Adelaide - all covered then too including a courtesy car as we were part-way through our round-Aust trip.

Now just looking to get someone to finance me for the 180K service - quoted $2,300 by Heartland.
Can't belive I sold my Boxster for a Triton ..... !@#$%
Hammo

Postby MilkmanDan on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Kick the tires and change the oil, it's out of warranty, that's all you would get somewhere else.
MilkmanDan

Postby madtiger on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:48 am

Hi All
I removed the fuse for the Dash Board on my 2012 Triton and now the Air Bag Light stays on, Will I need to get this reset at a dealers?
Thanks
madtiger

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:30 am

Ordinarily, yes. If you're in Sydney I could fix it for you. Also some auto electricians have scan tools which are capable of clearing it but the stuff around finding the right one may not be worth it.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Kiaat on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Has anyone bought a clock spring off Ali express, and has it fixed the airbag warning light?
Kiaat

Postby NICK+ on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:04 pm

After the recall for the airbag and indicator stalk- dealer says can't clear the code _clockspring- wants $500 to fix it :shock: glad I read this thread again coz I will have to do it myself when I can afford it-- although I will go check my reverse lights and fuses as well-
NICK+

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:58 am

Did you have that light before the recall? If not they probably broke your clockspring.

Cowboy Dave

Postby coughy on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 pm

madtiger wrote:Hi All
I removed the fuse for the Dash Board on my 2012 Triton and now the Air Bag Light stays on, Will I need to get this reset at a dealers?
Thanks

all of the peolple in this forum need to put up where you are from suburb and state as there are a few of us on here that have the smarts and the tools/electronic things to fix alot of these problems for you with out the stealers ripping you off...
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:25 pm

I wouldn't worry coughy. Another one post wonder - hasn't been back since he posted that.

Still you are absolutely right about putting your location in your profile. It makes a big difference and, such as in your case, means that members may get offers of help from others nearby.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Headley on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:11 am

Hey guys,

My srs light has been on for a bit so this morning i called Brissy city mitsubishi and asked them to do the 4 year service as well as to fix the srs issue.

Service is gonna be about $510, i asked if there was a recall for the srs light he said there wasn't, but there is a recall for the turn indicator.

Just checked this too: https://www.productsafety.gov.au/system ... 4%20MY.pdf

Looks like the drivers airbag is defective too, so i will be getting them to fix it.
Headley

Postby kouta666 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Hey mate, you should've been getting letters about these 2 recalls. I did with my second hand 2008 ML. After the 3rd air bag recall letter I finally booked it in (was a 4 week wait). They had it yesterday and determined, yes, the air bag does need replacing....so now they are ordering it. :roll:

Have to bring it back in 2 weeks time to get it done. They did the turn indicator recall at least.
kouta666

Postby Headley on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Ahh cool. I will raise the issue there with them as the guy on the phone today didn't mention anything about the air bag but did talk a bit about the srs wiring.

I will ask him about it when i take it in

Have moved recently so no letters.
Headley

Postby roadblock on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:29 am

FYI just had the Takata recall completed on my MY08 ML and the SRS light is no longer on. Recall number is 010119 if you haven't received.
2009 ML VR Dual Cab 3.2 DiD 5 speed Manual, ARB Canopy, TJM Bullbar, Titan Drawers
roadblock

Postby Maxiy on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:39 am

Had my brother just call me, he is borrowing my truck, and it seems the airbag light has come on. I have had a look through the above posts, and can't seem to see what the associated issues with the airbag light are.
If the light is on are my airbags, or something else not going to work?
Excuse my ignorance, but my brother won't be returning the car for another week so want to know if I should tell him to take it to the dealer or not.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
Maxiy

Postby kouta666 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 pm

The air bags are disabled when the light is on. Only a dealer / workshop can clear the light. For mine, which is currently on, I've been told I need to replace the seat belt pre-tensioner.
kouta666

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical