Rig Jnr's Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Rig Jnr's Build

Postby explorer.dave on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:03 pm

Did well C-Dale, top vid, hope the GoPro came out Okay :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:29 am

Thanks Dave. GoPro survived. Not sure what all these solid axle fella's go on about. You can clearly see that independent has better clearance. Haha
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby srb on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:42 am

Nice vid.
And a cool way to end the video too.. Clunk!
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Snooozy on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 pm

well done. it takes a lot of time to do edits like that.
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tacticaltriton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:22 am

That's cool mate. Love the canopy design also.
tacticaltriton

Postby c-dale on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Thanks guys,

Thanks, tactical. I have my old man to thank for the canopy. he was only meant to cad it up for me and ended up building it. haha
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby parfittron on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:14 pm

C-Dale, great vid. Was the last bit (with the washout etc) the firebreaks?

Where can they be found - been up there my whole life and never been on them!

** scratch that i found them on maps - i'll have to give tehm a drive next time i'm up there.
parfittron

Postby c-dale on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Knocked up a new roof rack with dads help. Really happy with how it has turned out. Also got the adaptor to get the spare back under the tub. Doesn't look as tough but does allow me back into most carparks again. Also put 6 stainless steel eyebolts in the canopy roof for tie down points. As good as a 2nd roof rack :D

Click to view larger picture

c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:31 pm

looks very good

like how low it sits to the roof of the triton

any pics of the mounts and how its done?
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby c-dale on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:57 pm

just bolted to the Rhino track mount cross bars 26.
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:33 pm

ahhh ok looks lower because of the light bars or the picture angle ?
thanks
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby c-dale on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Have recently got back from our second annual boys trip to Fraser. Last year (trip report a few pages back) it was Dad, my eldest boy, Jake and myself. This year Bruce was due to start prep so he came along as well. Was super stoked to have the old man and both my boys coming. We did a touring trip last year but made the call this year to set up and stay put so hooked up the camper. Tides were super high of a morning so left Brissie around 9am. Decided that as the beach was out we would take Cooloola Way. Got within 3km of the end of the track when the drivers side spring on the camper let go. All 4 leaves, boom. Not the start we had intended.

Pretty much thought the trip was over before it began but my old mans a resilient bugger and had a plan. We got the trailer recovered with the help of Rainbow Beach towing and got it back to Rainbow. Then the search was on for a car trailer. With some luck and a whole lot of help from the local business owners in Rainbow we found out about a guy that hires trailers in Cooloola Cove. Managed to source a car trailer off him for cheaper than uHaul had quoted and saved a massive drive to and from Gympie. So once sourced it was back to Rainbow to grab the camper and then the long trip back to Brissie.
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Day 2 started early, we had a big drive ahead of us.

We drove to the folks at Esk, dropped of my sad looking camper and picked up dads box trailer and tent. It was then a drive from Esk to Cooloola Cove to drop off the car trailer then after 950km and 2 days of solid driving we FINALLY hit the beach.

Got on one of the last barges over to Fraser and started the run up in search of our campsite.

c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:33 pm

Day 3, we were all buggered so spent the day around camp. The boys both had new boogie boards so we hit the surf and had some fun. Finished the day with some fishing. Bruce had got a little rod of my folks for Christmas and was super keen to try it out. We managed to pick a good little gutter as he caught 5 summer whiting, Jake managed 12! Only fished for and hour and a half or so. Bruce was a little bummed that it was catch and release but enjoyed watching them swim away.

Our Site.

Boys playing with the pippies

Bruce fishing
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Day four was breaky around camp then off to Lake Mackenzie. First time I've been for ages as tend to prefer the less crowds at Birrabeen. Realy glad we came, was a little busy but a slightly longer walk saw us on our own private beach.

Had lunch at Central Station and did the walk along the creek before heading back to camp for some more fishing.
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Day five was another awesome morning in the surf before heading to Happy Valley for a pub lunch then up to Eli for an afternoon at the creek. Didn't seem to get any picks sadly.

Day 6 we left camp early and went to the dune you can walk to from the beach (can't remember the name). We took the boogie boards in for some fun. covered in sand was an understatement but it was heaps of fun.

We went back to camp, grabbed our swimming gear and headed to Lake Birrabeen. Was pretty awesome but looks like the waters dropped as it wasn't as clear as normal and was a bit mucky.

It was our last full day on the island and Bruce hadn't seen the Maheno yet and was keen so figured what the hell and drove up to check it out.

c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:56 pm

That was pretty much it. Crap start but awesome trip! Will now have a new build with the camper repairs. Hope to have her back on the road new and improved for a trip in September, time will tell.

Oh, rig was great, flawless trip as far as the Tri is concerned. The AC wasn't working before we left, my bad, sucked for the first 2 days, and the bash plates are held on with the mightiest of zip ties, haha, but otherwise performed flawlessly.
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jacobie on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:33 am

Sucks that your camper gave out. At least you got there in the end, good read and pics mate.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby c-dale on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:00 pm

Those who have read the above trip would know that my camper needed to have a good lay down just before reaching Rainbow Beach. It sustained a fair amount of damage but is repairable. That adventure started a few weekends ago.

The damage:

Major issues were the busted springs, water tank, damage to arches on both sides, the tent getting ripped and yanked off the mounts.
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Started on the springs as the first repair. We wanted to get it rolling so we could put it in dads shed. Went 5 leaf ( it had 4) and galvanised this time. replaced both sides.

Dad had found that the hitch was buggered as well. Given the force that went through it I am not surprised. Took it off and replaced it with an Ark offroad hitch.

These were the quick wins which we sorted in an afternoon. Day two was assessing the damage to the tent and all its mounts. Both of the mounts had been bent and the brackets were stuffed. Dad worked his magic and made some new brackets. The fixings on the trailer needed some panel beating. Couple of decent bangs with some hammers and it was back on track. Surprisingly the tent was ripped but no where near as bad as I was expecting! We dragged it on a gravel road for about 15-20 mtrs and only sustained about a 10cm rip and a busted seam.

Its not looking too bad as she sits at the moment.

Have some plans for her so keep posted ;)
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby c-dale on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Guards removed and replaced. Drivers side took some work as the guard had been smashed and bent over the welds. Quite a few cutting discs later and she was free. Replaced the sheet metal with checkerplate. Still heaps to do before September trip. Need to get it all sorted too as it will likely be Rig Jnr's last Harrah :cry:Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tezza08 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 am

c-dale wrote: Need to get it all sorted too as it will likely be Rig Jnr's last Harrah :cry:[img]

Why its last harrah?
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional! :twisted:
tezza08

Postby c-dale on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:31 am

tezza08 wrote:
c-dale wrote: Need to get it all sorted too as it will likely be Rig Jnr's last Harrah :cry:[img]

Why its last harrah?
I have a 3yo, 5yo and 13yo. Legally meant to have the kids in boosters till there 7. Gives bugger all space to the 13yo between the booster seats. Investigating other options and will likely go a Pajero Sport or Izuzu MU-X

c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jason91 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:37 am

c-dale wrote:
tezza08 wrote:

Why its last harrah?
I have a 3yo, 5yo and 13yo. Legally meant to have the kids in boosters till there 7. Gives bugger all space to the 13yo between the booster seats. Investigating other options and will likely go a Pajero Sport or Izuzu MU-X

Be careful with the MUX, was looking into d-max/MU X for the missus & after reading 27 pages on the Isuzu forums about cracked inner guards near the VIN plating & if not being fixed pronto cracks the entire front of the car in the passengers crumple zone I wouldn't go near one. Particularly when Isuzu Ute Australia is not honouring warranty. Putting it down due to people's mods of bull bars & suspension lifts when even an un modded vehicle will crack if you hit a wash out fast enough. Repair bills are around the $9,000-$16,000 mark as the entire front end has to come apart to fix

Buyer beware, makes the Tritons EGR issues look almost like a non issue to me
Jason91

Postby c-dale on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Ready to go. Took some work with needing a repaint and adding an electrical system and pump for the water tank. Super keen to get out in a few weeks now!
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups