Airconditioning Thermo Fan connector

Re: Airconditioning Thermo Fan connector

Postby jerrah on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 pm

coughy wrote:no fan or connectors and no relay
That's disappointing. In your manual there does it have the information on the fuse/relay box for the Pajero? Is the manual online like the Triton one?
jerrah

Postby coughy on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 pm

yer not this time as the wiring and the picky dont show a fan or connections at all for the mq or the relay
for the ac condensor fan
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:07 pm

If the wiring is not there, it not a biggie to rig up relay controlled by the compressor supply.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jerrah on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Mq service manual seems to suggest ECU control of fan is possible at least from the ECU side. (Terminal 21)
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/l200_v/online/Service_Manual/2016/55/html/M155201030343000ENG.HTM

In the condenser diagram for the 2016 MQ it shows the condenser fan assembly.
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/l200_v/online/Service_Manual/2016/55/html/M155201540172600ENG.HTM

If the ECU has the ability/ is programmed to output fan control it would stand to reason that there may be the wiring required, or at least the capability to control it. It would seem very odd that Mitsubishi would put specific fan mounts and threaded bolt holes in a vehicle with no intention to use them.
jerrah

Postby jerrah on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:25 pm

RHKTriton wrote:If the wiring is not there, it not a biggie to rig up relay controlled by the compressor supply.
Yeah I understand that. It'd be nice if it was a plug and play solution without touching the factory wiring like the MN though. :D
jerrah

Postby jerrah on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 pm

gregned wrote:What colours are the wires and how thick are they?
Blue and black. They look similar to those on the first page of this thread.
jerrah

Postby RHKTriton on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Yeah always nice when you can implement like factory setup. If its like my ml, there's the spot for the fuse & relay in the electrical box near the battery, however the wiring between here and where the fan lives is missing. Then there's the possibility that the ETACS isn't configured to activate the fan.

For the sake of saving a few bucks on the production line, manufactures spoil their product by leaving out bits that simply should be there.
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:43 am

MEMO
To: Manufacturing Director
̶M̶i̶t̶s̶u̶b̶i̶s̶h̶i̶ Nissan Motors HQ, Japan

Dear Boss-san,

I have received your memo demanding that I resign and immediately commit harakiri.

I don't understand why you would want this. All I did was add back the looms and plugs for all the extras that go into a few variants so that it would be easier for our customers to add these extras after purchase. I did this after reading a post by a Mr. RHK Triton on an owners forum in Australia. Yes, sir, we do sell cars there. Not many, I admit, and we have to discount them to almost cost price, but it's bound to become an important market one day, if we can morph the Triton and Navara together and actually come up with something that will knock off Toyota and Ford.

Anyway, I thought it was a good suggestion and, for the sake of consistency, implemented it across the board. As Mr. RHK Triton suggested, the cost was quite small, only $3.50 per vehicle. I must admit that I just don't understand your constant focus on profitability - this was never a concern until Nissan/Renault bought into our company. So what if that $3.50 is added to all 6 million vehicles that we produce annually? It's only $21million and, yes, I know we never had a focus on supplying what the customers actually needed, but I thought that this might be a small step in the right direction.

I will, as you suggested, go and sharpen and polish my sword, but hope that you don't insist that I use it,
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby srb on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:18 am

Gold.
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:37 am

Priceless 5th. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby gmalayo on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Guys, I'm from the Philippines and I have been reading this post. From what I could understand if my Triton has the extra connector the fitment of the auxiliary fan should just be as simple as installing the fan and connecting it to the connector. Then putting the relay on the relay/fuse box. The fan should now work like on the Challenger. Right?

No other things to do?

Thanks for the help.
gmalayo

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:15 am

G'day gmalayo, yes that should be the case. There are some useful pics near the start of this thread.

Worst case could be that the ETACs or ECU may not be set to trigger the relay.

If this was the case, you could create a wire link between the relay trigger and compressor supply.

I don't have the factory plug and had to build my own solution. One thing for people to consider is the quality of the fuse holders supplied with aftermarket fan kits. Mine became loose at gripping the fuse and melted in one case. (Pain when fan is found not to be running on 36° day).
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jerrah on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:57 am

jerrah wrote:
gregned wrote:What colours are the wires and how thick are they?
Blue and black. They look similar to those on the first page of this thread.
I've confirmed that the wires I found on the MQ ARE for the factory driving lights my vehicle isn't fitted with.

That said I was looking my in factory owners manual and it lists the fuse location for the "radiator fan" which would indicate that at least some of the electrics are potentially there. The fuse location exists in my fuse box as per the manual but a fuse is not installed. MQ owners check your owners manual.
jerrah

Postby jerrah on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:59 am

RHKTriton wrote:If this was the case, you could create a wire link between the relay trigger and compressor supply.

I don't have the factory plug and had to build my own solution.
It's extremely likely that will be the case with the MQ's. I don't suppose you did a write up at the time?
jerrah

Postby JohnC-08 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:48 pm

In the 70s Ford dropped the quarter vents from the falcons in the USA and Oz.
Saved $5.00 per vehicle. Over 1 million vehicles, they saved .............. $5 million.
Every last cent does count.:o)

John C

NowForThe5th wrote:MEMO
To: Manufacturing Director
̶M̶i̶t̶s̶u̶b̶i̶s̶h̶i̶ Nissan Motors HQ, Japan

Dear Boss-san,

I have received your memo demanding that I resign and immediately commit harakiri.

I don't understand why you would want this. All I did was add back the looms and plugs for all the extras that go into a few variants so that it would be easier for our customers to add these extras after purchase. I did this after reading a post by a Mr. RHK Triton on an owners forum in Australia. Yes, sir, we do sell cars there. Not many, I admit, and we have to discount them to almost cost price, but it's bound to become an important market one day, if we can morph the Triton and Navara together and actually come up with something that will knock off Toyota and Ford.

Anyway, I thought it was a good suggestion and, for the sake of consistency, implemented it across the board. As Mr. RHK Triton suggested, the cost was quite small, only $3.50 per vehicle. I must admit that I just don't understand your constant focus on profitability - this was never a concern until Nissan/Renault bought into our company. So what if that $3.50 is added to all 6 million vehicles that we produce annually? It's only $21million and, yes, I know we never had a focus on supplying what the customers actually needed, but I thought that this might be a small step in the right direction.

I will, as you suggested, go and sharpen and polish my sword, but hope that you don't insist that I use it,
JohnC-08

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:11 pm

The good ole quarter vents.

Used to be good on those pre-aircon hot summer days.

Pros & cons.

Pros - lots of air when needed, easy to get in when car keys locked in & good spot for the rego label. :lol:

Cons - pain when cleaning car, often cause of water and dust leaks, added wind noise and easy for scum to break into your pride and joy. :(

Re any fan wiring; easy to see what you have looking into the sockets for the fuse & relay. If the cable is there you find the respective metal socket components in the fuse/relay box. If there are blank holes, you're out of luck.
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:45 pm

RHKTriton wrote:The good ole quarter vents.

Used to be good on those pre-aircon hot summer days.

Pros & cons.

Pros - lots of air when needed, easy to get in when car keys locked in & good spot for the rego label. :lol:

Cons - pain when cleaning car, often cause of water and dust leaks, added wind noise and easy for scum to break into your pride and joy. :(

Re any fan wiring; easy to see what you have looking into the sockets for the fuse & relay. If the cable is there you find the respective metal socket components in the fuse/relay box. If there are blank holes, you're out of luck.

one more Pro RHK - they were good when reversed around for an ashtray. you could hold your smoke near it and the smoke would get sucked out. :lol: :lol: Those were the days. 8-)
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bladeau1981 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:26 pm

I got around to doing this mod today on my ML VR (no factory wiring). Found the wire from the compressor under the fuse block. This is not wired through to the relay slot at all but the cable goes in. Used a wire tap and crimped a wire into the cable (blue and white on the back of the 12pin connector). I installed a relay running the compressor wire to the trigger and all worked perfectly. No need to strip back any factory wiring looms at all. There is even a nice earth point right there that was easy to pick up. All up used 1m of Red, 1m of Black and 10cm of yellow cable and a few crimps and heat shrink. Simple job once I traced every thing back. For the base of the fan I used a couple of rubber chair feet that I drilled a hole in the bottom of. Fan was $90 USD plus freight (50USD), relay $5, chair feet $1. Everything else I had. All up under $200 and about an hour. Took me a bit longer because I wanted to try to use the relay socket in the fuse block but in the end decided it was to hard as I didn't want to pull it apart and possibly cause other issues. Also dropped one of the rubber feet which landed on the sump guard so had to pull that off to retrieve.
bladeau1981

Postby bjm74 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Howdy all,

Have been reading through this thread as I've been told by the minister of finance that my aircon in my 2012 MN GLXR is Sugar High Iced Tea! I'm keen as mustard to implement this mod and do have the necessary cable as mentioned, but also have what I believe is the auto transmission cooler in the spot where the fan seems to have to go (attached pics). Has anyone else who's done this mod have this also? Just don't see how the fan can fit in this space with this already there. Any ideas??

Click to view larger picture
Click to view larger picture
bjm74

Postby dieselweasel on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Only just got your swearing comment, it took me a while, i was trying to think what the hell your aircon had to do with tea. Yes i am that slow.
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Amazed that any air gets to the condenser and radiator. :lol:

That bracket that supports the tranny cooler already blocks a fair area.

Is there any way you could move it down behind the lower air intake?
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mntritonman on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:34 am

Where is this web site you can order these fans from plz guys ive looked and looked on this and cant find shit. plz help
Mntritonman

Postby Jerry Hatrick on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:26 am

I purchased mine from AliExpress.com This store from memory https://www.aliexpress.com/store/838901.
Jerry Hatrick

Postby Shiloh747800 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:05 pm

I have just fitted the fan to my glx mn triton & plugged in relay into second fan symbol from back, does not seem to be coming on with air conditioner, any ideas?
Shiloh747800

Postby ag9111 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Fuse?
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical