Kinugawa turbo upgrade 4M41

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Re: Kinugawa turbo upgrade 4M41

Postby coughy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

m8 i would think that that one isnt a upgrade imho the stock turbo is a vt16 that is a vt10 i dont know much about this but i would think it not any difference
the stock turbo does a pretty good job for what it is..
im running 26psi all day in mine
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby L200Shogun on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Shwa wrote:I'm curious if anyone has high flowed their 2.5 yet? Or installed one of these https://speedupautoparts.com.au/billet- ... 5a029.html
I put the 3" on a while ago, had the ECU flashed (stupidly let him talk me out of EcuTeK) and as I don't really do a lot of towing I'm looking for a bit more low end torque and claw back on the turbo lag. High Flowing sounds promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigger turbo can make more power at high rpm and be worse (more lag) at low rpm. Find a good tuner/diesel speed shop and discuss needs/wants/budget
L200Shogun

Postby JeSTeROCK on Fri May 18, 2018 1:37 am

Just received a Kinugawa TF035HL-15T with adjustable wastegate actuator
Quality looks great and boxes are professionally packed
Comes with 2 x water fitting, 1 x oil in (restrictor), exhaust manifold to turbo gasket (And extra springs 1.2 and 1.5 bar)

I'll change it over this weekend and post some photos

Click to view larger picture

JeSTeROCK
Platinum Subscriber

Postby triton_guru on Fri May 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Looks good mate i put a mn turbo on my ml wanted to try something abit different haha
triton_guru

Postby JeSTeROCK on Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm

how did you work out the variable geometry ?
JeSTeROCK
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Mon May 21, 2018 9:37 am

JeSTeROCK wrote:how did you work out the variable geometry ?

Works off map so you could almost do the old crude way of boost control with mig welder tips I’d say.
MilkmanDan

Postby Lost1 on Sun May 22, 2022 11:46 am

I brought a Kinugawa TF035HL-15T. with a billet compressor wheel and STS turbine wheel. Fitted this unit to my Triton, drove around for a week to check everything was working as it should before starting a one month trip. With a 3 inch exhaust fitted the new turbo began to spool about 50 rpm higher than the factory turbo.

Mid range from 1800rpm onwards was significantly stronger than stock. With 33" tyres and running at GVM performance was slightly better than when the vehicle was stock standard without any weight added. I toured through the West McDonnell ranges for 2 weeks from Melbourne. Then entered the Simpson to go to the GEO Centre. On day 2 the turbo was starting to smoke at the top end. On day 3 the turbo let go when I was trying to get over a dune.

I limped the vehicle cross country out of the GEO centre then proceeded to limp as close as possible to Birdsville. Before being towed for the last 90 km into Birdsville. The vehicle has travelled about 3,500 km post fitment. My recommendation is get someone else to rebuild the turbo. Don't buy a unit direct from Kinugawa.
Lost1

Previous

Return to Drive Train Components