Ride Heights

Re: Ride Heights

Postby Probz on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:57 am

I wouldnt cop that, its your hard earned money. The easiest way to deal with it is to grab the stock ride heights from the link i posted above and then copy directly from the australian consumer law act the product guarantees and put it in an email and say please rectify this so your product meets the requirements or if not please refund the purchase or ill take further with fair trading. The third party dealer i went through fobbed me off for a fortnight before i did that then miraculously after sending that email at 730pm i got an instant response to rectify the situation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Probz

Postby moses on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Probz wrote:I wouldnt cop that, its your hard earned money. The easiest way to deal with it is to grab the stock ride heights from the link i posted above and then copy directly from the australian consumer law act the product guarantees and put it in an email and say please rectify this so your product meets the requirements or if not please refund the purchase or ill take further with fair trading. The third party dealer i went through fobbed me off for a fortnight before i did that then miraculously after sending that email at 730pm i got an instant response to rectify the situation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TJM are going to remove the struts, disassemble and measure the springs free height to see if they have sagged, if so, new springs. While they've got them pulled apart they'll put in the bigger spring seats too. So either way I'll get some lift back..
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 am

Struts disassembled and larger coil seats installed. Now up to 580mm/575mm at the front.

Waiting to find out if the springs had actually sagged (when uninstalled) but at this stage I'm just happy to have some lift back.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tennen on Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Thought I'd share my numbers after getting an Ultimate Suspension lift. Pretty happy with the ride in it so far, can feel a massive difference in cornering and braking.

ML 2007 Triton D/Cab
Pre-lift
DF - 517
PF - 504
DR - 575
PR - 540

Post-lift
DF - 585
PF - 568
DR - 660
PR - 625

Driver rear is quite funny to look at currently. I'm hoping that will settle quite a bit over the next week. I was also interested to find that my passenger side was lower than driver across all measurements, but I do have dual battery's and 65L fridge on that side of the car. Pretty impressed to get a 60mm front lift and 80mm rear lift out of it!
Tennen

Re: Random Suspension Questions

Postby bayonetdummy on Thu May 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Measure the ride height, from the middle of the hub to the bottom of the guard.

Then compare your measurments to some of the ones in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=505&p=548388&hilit=ride+height#p548388

Interesting. PF 535
DF 535
PR 640
DR 640
bayonetdummy

Postby 98kellrs on Fri May 25, 2018 7:19 am

looks like the rear is raised, and the front has sagged or was just stock.

Running a bullbar by any chance?

I have a low KM MN with stock suspension and I get

FR - 540
FL - 537
BR - 560
BL - 568
98kellrs

Postby bayonetdummy on Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 am

looks like the rear is raised, and the front has sagged or was just stock.

Running a bullbar by any chance?

I have a low KM MN with stock suspension and I get

FR - 540
FL - 537
BR - 560
BL - 568

I've got a standard alloy nudge bar which I wouldn't think would have that much affect. The front height certainly appears to be stock I was just confused by the fact that the struts also appear to be EFS and was wondering if they'd lifted the whole thing.
bayonetdummy

Postby MN Driver on Fri May 25, 2018 10:38 am

I just checked my just for interest sake which has been raised 2" by opposite Lock

PF - 580
DF -570

DR - 590
PR - 590

I have a nudge bar on the front, no winch
MN Driver

Postby 98kellrs on Fri May 25, 2018 11:13 am

bayonetdummy wrote:I've got a standard alloy nudge bar which I wouldn't think would have that much affect. The front height certainly appears to be stock I was just confused by the fact that the struts also appear to be EFS and was wondering if they'd lifted the whole thing.

Yeah seems odd to lift the back only, was it by any chance an ex-Highways/Main Roads vehicle? They sometimes upgraded the rear only to carry more weight I believe.
98kellrs

Postby IndoTriton on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a brand new 2013 Triton owner and still trying to figure out exactly what I have since here in Indonesia the options seem different than other countries. The suspension appears to be stock (no colorful springs or branded components visible), my rear leafs are slightly positively bowed, the CVs and lower control arms are very level.

HD bumpers front and rear, full fuel tank, spare tire in back, otherwise unloaded.

FR 547
FL 550
RR 615
RL 617

But the potentially big difference is that all MNs I see here have factory plastic fender flares. Mine does not, it's all metal. Does anyone know if there is a different measurement for fenders like this?

Click to view larger picture
those are very worn 265/75r16 tires in the photo
IndoTriton

Postby Maxiy on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 am

Quick question for the brains trust

Is it normal for the front passenger side of my MN to be riding lower than the drivers side ?

My passenger front is riding about 10-15mm lower than the drivers side.
I have a Ultimate 2 inch lift installed (about 12 months old), and i had a quick look at the struts and they seem fine, no leaks or damage.

only thing i could think of was the battery being on this side, would that cause the difference ?

Cheers
Maxiy

Postby Lost1 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:24 pm

2009 ML Triton running Dobinson MRR 2" lift with HD springs on the front struts and 350kg rear springs. Bar, dual batts and winch up front. Canopy, draws, Fridge slide, 50L water tank and wheel carriers on the rear.

Forgot to measure the stock suspension, but it was a bit soft and bouncy.

DF 585 mm
PF 580 mm
DR 650 mm
PR 640 mm

Now it's a smooth controlled ride off road and good on road handling.
Lost1

ML Triton Pre Lift Measurements

Postby sjptriton on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:39 am

Hi Guys,
I had a look around and couldn't find a firm answer on here (Misus would say I only had a blokes look), but I had a good dig around. Found this viewtopic.php?f=37&t=505 , but not sure as the measurements from members seem to be all over based on setups.

Have an ML Triton setup for touring. Came with a basic front spacer and shackle lift kit, changed it for a pedders touring setup with up to 50mm lift.

Added front bar and winch and the front has dropped as expected. Problem is, I want to correct the front spring or space the existing strut to compensate, but I have no reference measurements of what the thing was standard, so I don't know what to buy to ensure it is all legit.

The thought of returning it to standard just to take pre mod measurements, blows my mind, so I am hoping that the info might be here somewhere.

I guess I want to ensure I have all the relevant info so I can keep anyone who questions the setup honest if ever queried (Insurance Company, Police etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

SJPTriton
sjptriton

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:09 am

SJP, I've moved your post here, to keep discussion in one place.

The information you seek is available from the various registration authorities and just one link can be found here, in this thread. Seems your missus was right. :P

The link doesn't work, of course, thanks to our government making information easy and accessible, so you'll have to troll through the site to get it. The Victorian government have a similar site, also with the ride heights listed.

Front measurements, standard, can vary quite a bit from vehicle to vehicle but an after lift height of around 585mm will see you pretty safe.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Enid_Triton on Wed May 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Old thread but still no joy after all these years.
Since day one I have been trying to find a Triton front coil that can handle the weight of a Steel bar, winch & bash plates but keep the suspension geometry close to factory specifications, but I have come to the conclusion that this task is impossible.
I have tried two sets of lifted springs, one at 40mm lift & a 20mm lift and both cause the MN to run on its UCA bump stops & put a sharp angle on the CV's.

Then I took it to a spring works and they said they could give me a set of constant load coils that would only lift the front by 10-15mm with the accessories on the front. This is exactly what I wanted, & I thought I had finally cracked it.
But I have since found out that they just fitted off the shelf catalog MQ springs that brought it down to just above stock standard height but they are not constant load springs and will not handle the weight for too long.

Why is my MN so much different to the others in the front end? Even on standard suspension it sits about 15 to 20 mil higher than anyone else's.
We even tried a mates slightly lifted struts that sit almost perfect on his MN with just an ever so slight angle on the CV's & his doesn't ride on the shortened UCA bump stops either. When we put them on my MN it's like I have a 55mm lift with severe CV angles and the shortened bump stops are jammed hard up against the chassis stop.

So now Im running around with standard height MQ springs that are great at the moment with a little more bounce than I would like but it would seem that you can't have everything, It's so nice to drive but in a few thousand K's the front will have bottomed out & be be sitting on the lower bump rubbers.
Enid_Triton

Postby Vikingshippy2 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 am

Enid_Triton wrote:Old thread but still no joy after all these years.
Since day one I have been trying to find a Triton front coil that can handle the weight of a Steel bar, winch & bash plates but keep the suspension geometry close to factory specifications, but I have come to the conclusion that this task is impossible.
I have tried two sets of lifted springs, one at 40mm lift & a 20mm lift and both cause the MN to run on its UCA bump stops & put a sharp angle on the CV's.

Then I took it to a spring works and they said they could give me a set of constant load coils that would only lift the front by 10-15mm with the accessories on the front. This is exactly what I wanted, & I thought I had finally cracked it.
But I have since found out that they just fitted off the shelf catalog MQ springs that brought it down to just above stock standard height but they are not constant load springs and will not handle the weight for too long.

Why is my MN so much different to the others in the front end? Even on standard suspension it sits about 15 to 20 mil higher than anyone else's.
We even tried a mates slightly lifted struts that sit almost perfect on his MN with just an ever so slight angle on the CV's & his doesn't ride on the shortened UCA bump stops either. When we put them on my MN it's like I have a 55mm lift with severe CV angles and the shortened bump stops are jammed hard up against the chassis stop.

So now Im running around with standard height MQ springs that are great at the moment with a little more bounce than I would like but it would seem that you can't have everything, It's so nice to drive but in a few thousand K's the front will have bottomed out & be be sitting on the lower bump rubbers.
Call ken from the ultimate suspension in southern Sydney he will set you up.. with lovels or Dobinsons

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk
Vikingshippy2

Previous

Return to Suspension