Disappearing bluetooth audio

Disappearing bluetooth audio

Postby Bitsamissing on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Several times now I have been listening to music on my phone via bluetooth audio in my GLX+ stock head unit and the music just stops at some random point. The display on the head unit doesn't change, but if I go to the menu, the bluetooth audio option isn't even listed. The display indicates the phone is still paired, but I haven't actually tested it in this state to see if I could still take calls. The phone seems to think it is still connected to the head unit.

Turning the head unit off and on doesn't fix it, but turning the car off and on does.

Has anybody else had this problem?
Chris
MQ Club Cab Ute
Bitsamissing

Re: Disappearing bluetooth audio

Postby gartam on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Yeah mine does it.
gartam

Postby Genebaby on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 pm

I get this in the Exceed with my Galaxy S9. Sometimes it's a quick loss of sound, usually followed by the phone disconnecting and reconnecting.

Service guy said Samsung were the worst for it on these cars, which is crap, my other two cars have perfect connections with my phone.

I did test my daughter's HTC and during that one test it was fine.
Genebaby

Postby Bitsamissing on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 pm

My issue is definitely not a phone problem... the head unit forgets it can do bluetooth audio.
Chris
MQ Club Cab Ute
Bitsamissing

Postby astew04 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 am

Yeah I have the same issue on my 2016 GLX+. Hard to nail down because it's so intermittent. Had it happen 3 times in one road trip, then not again for 6 months.

Things I've noticed when it does drop out, is that if you go to menu, Bluetooth actually doesn't show up the same way. Once I change off Bluetooth source, I can't seem to go back. To me that's suggesting a loose connection with the bluetooth unit somewhere. I've also tried to connect other phones to it, when it's like that, but like I said, Bluetooth disappears off the menu. I'd be very surprised if it's a phone related issue and not the car bluetooth unit.

Haven't been able to narrow it down much more than that, obviously hard to troubleshoot something I can't replicate.
astew04

Postby Genebaby on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 am

For me it happens every time. With this head unit I am getting used to using Android Auto for music, though I do like my regular player via BT.
Genebaby

Postby 4wd26 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Has now happened to me.
only way to return it to working again was to turn off the radio.
no bluetooth icon on the radio, tried everything but the only thing to fix it was to turn the vehicle off.

on a 6 hour drive happened twice, very annoying when in country areas with limited radio reception the radio seems to do weird things as well like use the phone to search stations (station list)

also I don't seem to have the temp display when scrolling through menus on the odometer. the manual don't say anything regarding this being a feature/ option depending on the model specs.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby docta.phipps on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:23 am

Happens to me also GLX+ 2017

Hasn't happened for a couple of months but then happened on 30 min trip from work.

Drove Wollongong to QLD and didn't happen. Happened once on the way back.

Very intermittent and definately the software or unit itself. The whole bluetooth menu option disapears until I restart the car.
docta.phipps

Postby Genebaby on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Today the Exceed went in to get the new head unit update that means you don't have to press Agree every time it starts up.

A few other fixes I guess and I tested Bluetooth audio and it seems to be working just fine now, compared to dropping out the connection every few minutes before.

Still probably keep using Android Auto as I'm used to it now, but good to have the option as my main music player doesn't work on Android Auto.
Genebaby

Postby BBP on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Is that update only by request or did you get notified about it.
I have had BT issues with an iPod and the head unit. So I just use a cable. Have had general issues with Android Auto as well, but I think that is because the phone struggles to run it, esp running google maps.
I see one can get a bezel for the MQ, so maybe a new head unit one day.

Btw, Genebaby have you wrecked your bed coating yet?
BBP

Postby GPS98 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:57 pm

I had same problem with our exceed and last week there is no wound whatever and the head unit said refer to dealer, it has been at the dealer for a day and goes back next week as the have no idea what is wrong. Every thing works except sound and the left side controls on the steering wheel. They are talking of pulling the whole system to pieces to find out what is wrong.
GPS98

Postby Genebaby on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:30 pm

BBP wrote:Is that update only by request or did you get notified about it.
I have had BT issues with an iPod and the head unit. So I just use a cable. Have had general issues with Android Auto as well, but I think that is because the phone struggles to run it, esp running google maps.
I see one can get a bezel for the MQ, so maybe a new head unit one day.

Btw, Genebaby have you wrecked your bed coating yet?

I requested it and booked it in. The main reason I wanted this update is that it removes you having to press "accept" every time you turn the car on. That screen shows up and goes away by itself.

Obviously there are other updates in there too, and it fixed my BT audio issue for the Galaxy S9+. Other phones had no issues with BT audio, just mine.
Genebaby

Postby Genebaby on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:31 pm

GPS98 wrote:I had same problem with our exceed and last week there is no wound whatever and the head unit said refer to dealer, it has been at the dealer for a day and goes back next week as the have no idea what is wrong. Every thing works except sound and the left side controls on the steering wheel. They are talking of pulling the whole system to pieces to find out what is wrong.

Does your BT connection die, as well as the sound and steering controls problem? Cause if those are you only issues, and they are not good, this thread isn't about your problem, which seems like bad hardware.
Genebaby

Postby SinWolf on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 pm

I've had this same issue on my previous Gen4 as well... This is not phone related as this happens with variety of phones... You have to reset the radio by switching vehicle off and on again...

My vehicle clock also seems to jump a couple of hours before or after actual time on long trips (6-12hour long trips)... then I need to re adjust the time... This issue I've had on my last 4 Tritons (2 x Gen3, 1 x Gen4, 1 x Gen5)... I suspect this to be an ETACS bug or something, but I don't think people really reports this as it is not something you can simulate to show the dealer... You actually have to go on a 6-12 hour trip and it will then happen sometime during this trip....
SinWolf

Postby Sky Miner on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Check make sure your phone (especially Android) is not set in sleep mode when not in use' yes even when playing music it'll still go into sleep mode and shutdown :roll: i would live stream to my bluetooth speakers and it would constantly drop out until i found out why now no problems even with the car bluetooth' worth a shot. ;)
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Return to Electrical