Wiring Diagram for the MN Triton (Radio)

Wiring Diagram for the MN Triton (Radio)

Postby mattcole42 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi All,

Finally getting around to replacing the stock radio (MR936754 -Fujitsu Ten) out of my 2013 MN Triton, and wondering if anyone has a pinout or wiring diagram for the 16pin connector?

I am also wondering if anyone knows if the SAT NAV, unit (8750A478) from a 2015 Triton could go in to the double din spot? (and what extras/trouble would i expect if i tried this compared to an aftermarket unit??)

Thanks in advance!

Matty
mattcole42

Re: Wiring Diagram for the MN Triton (Radio)

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Did you look for yourself?

This kind of information is readily available in the online manual, viz.:
MN_radio_connections.png

As for connections for the MMCS, go to the manual and scroll down to Circuit Diagrams > Radio and CD Player > Mitsubishi Multi Communication System (MMCS), then compare to what you have.

As for physical fitment, the answers are in this search - but note the second hit in that search which mentions that the MMCS communicates via the CANBUS so direct replacement isn't necessarily plug and play.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby mattcole42 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:10 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Did you look for yourself?

Hi NowForThe5th yes i did search, and as mentioned in my original post, I am looking for the diagram for the radio with the 16pin connector, the one you have posted (as i have seen numerous times on several sites) only has the 14pin connector.
mattcole42

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:28 am

You have steering wheel controls?

The diagram I gave you includes C125 which is the standard connector. It looks like they've duplicated that with C126, allowing the connection of a different radio when there are steering wheel controls. C126 isn't a 16 pin connector but, rather, about 22 pins, IIRC, although some are not used and there are others that go nowhere.

Your vehicle may be a later build than what is in the manual so it's very likely that yet another "running change" has been implemented, simplifying the connection.

Using the diagram above, check, by wiring colour code, that you have all those wires in the connector, which you can identify. The extra two should be the steering wheel control wires. Most likely that the wire colours haven't changed and you can check these in the diagram at the bottom of the same page in the manual.

With things like this there are often differences and you just have to use the process of elimination. Sometimes you can get lucky and someone like Aerpro have an adaptor harness. On my ML there was an adaptor harness but the positions of the two power wires had been swapped, in the factory, for some unknown reason. It did seem a bit odd that the head unit only worked when the lights were turned on. :?
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby mattcole42 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:24 am

No I don't have steering wheel controls (yet...) but i have traced those wires to a connector tapped up under the dash near the radio.

There is a second connector that has 2 wires coming from it connected to the radio, it only looks to be about 8pins though. (not sure what this is for yet either)

the main connector is a 16 pin connector. i have identified the obvious wires (speakers, illumination, Acc, 12v+, GND, Power Ant -not that the car has this...), however there are a couple of wires I can't seem to identify. will try to take some photos over the weekend, if i get the chance, but was hoping someone might know/have experience.

for anyone who would ike to try and help this is the same unit that i currently have that i want to replace:

https://www.ausautoparts.com.au/OneDriv ... -tv-103628

The large white connector is the 16 pin, the smaller connector i am not sure what it is used for
mattcole42

Postby xenocatalyst on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Mattcole24

how did you go with this? i am looking into this as well.
xenocatalyst

Postby mattcole42 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Xenocatalyst,

I finally had the time to have a proper look into this, I have replaced the Fujitsu ten with the W-13 version of the MMCS. the extra connector out of the Fujitsu with the 2 wires is for steering wheel controls. it was rather fidley and i had to run extra wires to get it all working (the glx harness doesn't have the steering control wires coming from the column itself). I had the benefit of getting my hands on a GLX-R harness and compared the wires it had to the wires i had.

In the end i just put the GLX-R dash harness in and took out the stock one. which then gave me *most* of the connections to work with straight up. also gave me the added benefit of having the wires for Fog light controls.

I did have to run 1 wire to get the 4WD indicator light on the cluster working, as the GLX-R has a seperate ECU for the 4wd modes, and my glove box no longer has an internal light.

I ran out of time and haven't finished, but have got the basics working. I still have a few wires to patch through such as Reverse detect for a camera, and installing the Bluetooth module. a few of the wires i did need to move between plugs as the stock GLX-R radio and the MMCS have them in different plugs, but follow the diagrams mentioned earlier in this post and they are pretty easy to find, and move.
mattcole42

Postby Awzbert on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi guys, I’ve just taken a Sony xav-100 out of my 2014 mn triton and put an alpine ilx-007e. The problem is when I turn my ignition on, then off the aircon light and blower doesn’t stop? I’ve taken all the wires away from the harnes except for the yellow and the black (constant 12v and ground) and it still does it?
Awzbert

Return to Electrical