Motoz MN GLX R: Evolution of a Warrior

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Motoz MN GLX R: Evolution of a Warrior

Postby srb on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Mate, wow that's very gourmet for camping! Love your work.

We need a good awning like that Alucab one you have, I've been looking at the Rapid wing from Drifta but need to save up a bit more. You happy with the Alucab? That one would be my next choice.

Yeah we've been slowly adding the mods over the past few years, trying not to go overboard with stuff we don't need. We haven't lost the craving to "test" the vehicle as such, but in saying that don't want to trash it for the sake of it... We'll be happy if it's still capable enough to get into those beautiful untouched tracks and away from the normal crowds... Sometimes that means winch and lockers.

The Emu wing doors are a must! Main reason we got them was to eliminate the hassle of opening the back tail gate with the swing away wheel attached. Was a total pain when you just wanted to chuck something small in the back... And they've been awesome while camping.
Click to view larger picture

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:55 am

Wish that emu wing was around when I was running my cruiser, like you say would have made dealing with the spare tyre carrier and drawers so much easier.

my other problem with the cruiser with the small kids was the height of the child seats, felt like you had to lift the kids above your head to get them into their seats.

I'm still happier with the triton, than my slow 105 (non turboed) cruiser, still there is always refinements in regards to camping and use.

going through another iteration now, so again looking for inspiration and product reviews on what works and value for money, and ultimatly make camping more enjoyable.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby motoz on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 am

Ha funny you should mention that. The amount of times smacked out youngest one into the top of the door opening trying to get her into the seat. Especially when it was reverse facing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:08 pm

motoz wrote:Ha funny you should mention that. The amount of times smacked out youngest one into the top of the door opening trying to get her into the seat. Especially when it was reverse facing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep that is the one, reverse facing seat, still remember having that problem and it was over 12 years ago :lol:
bad enough for me, was funny watching my shorter wife trying
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Motoz MN GLX R: Evolution of a Warrior

Postby motoz on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Gettin our camp on.

Lamb over charcoal is something special.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups