anyone checked their radiator lately?

anyone checked their radiator lately?

Postby koshari on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 am

just checked mine and there was a gazzilion bugs squashed on the front, hard to believe given that the air con cooler covers most of it, was able to remove the top 2 bolts and if gave enough room to use a door seal bristle brush then some compressed air to clean it, car wanst overheating but it surely wouldnt have been helping the situation.
koshari

Re: anyone checked their radiator lately?

Postby jrs184 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:41 pm

koshari wrote:just checked mine and there was a gazzilion bugs squashed on the front, hard to believe given that the air con cooler covers most of it, was able to remove the top 2 bolts and if gave enough room to use a door seal bristle brush then some compressed air to clean it, car wanst overheating but it surely wouldnt have been helping the situation.

When I replaced my radiator I was also surprised to find bugs between the condensor but not in plague proportions or a single species...
jrs184

Postby Roguegir on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Replaced mine recently. Decided to bash open the side of the old one to see if it was dirty. Click to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Roguegir

Postby WUNSIE on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 am

I used a piece of Fiberglass flyscreen mesh ( Aluminium mesh corrodes over time )to cover the front of the Air Cond Condensor, also made the same in front of the Intercooler and Trans Cooler, bugs simply brush off instead of being buried in the core, and when washing the Ute, hose the mesh clean and its good as new :D Been on there now since buying the Ute brand new almost 3 years ago
WUNSIE

Postby Ragnarok on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:39 pm

I use the same fiberglass mesh on the front of my bullbar. Works a treat. Doesnt restrict airflow like shade cloth. Thoroughly tested by holding to mouth and blowing through all of bunnings offerings.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Ragnarok

Return to Tips & Tricks