about time

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

about time

Postby Enid_Triton on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:31 am

Just saying Howdy, I'm from Bris and have been a member for a couple of months.
Of course I have a Triton (MN GLX) and I had another before this one.
I like them but I have never had much time to get out & about and fully utilize them before now so I have kept them as pretty much stock standard road going vehicles.
But all that has changed & I have plenty of time now, and I have spent a few grand already doing up this old girl.
I have only just started this project by getting the essentials first, You know.....the obvious stuff like Bull bar, lights, wheels & tyres, rear bumper, suspension, sound system etc. and I haven't even scratched the surface of what you could do to these things.
But you could also send yourself broke real quick doing it so I had better be careful.
Anyway, Cheers to you all
Rob
Enid_Triton

Re: about time

Postby m sciffer on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:20 pm

hi there
I was born in qld 63 years ago I grew up in sydney and now live in grafton . I also have a mn 2013 model and yes it is endless how much you can spend on them . I have canopy,arb towbar with the step,alloy bull bar,second battery, canopy support internal, scan guage ,boost guage exhaust guage snorkel,ecu remap, replaced turbo pipes with a alloy pipes, cb radio, up graded radio, bonnet protector, head light covers ,fitted 20 inch alloy wheels ,s/s bash plates the orignal got bent by a roo ,I made my boat loader, and much more,I mostly tow with the triton. I have a suzuki jimny for 4 wheel driving , and I have pull out of a bog my daughters triton with the suz ,the cost is endless and I do not want to know how much I have spent on the triton .it would be a health issue .so enjoy the triton all the best
m sciffer

Postby Duck on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 pm

Howdy indeed. Pictures are required :)
An never over do the mods, what else do you want to get ?
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Enid_Triton on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Duck wrote:Howdy indeed. Pictures are required :)
An never over do the mods, what else do you want to get ?

Everything, but a winch and a rear cab first
Enid_Triton

Postby Dave on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Welcome mate

Yep been there done that a few times now with an factory turbo 97 40th anniversary 80 series back in 2003 then onto the brand new Hilux 4x4 Dualcab SR5 in 2006 then a 100 series factory turbo cruiser then only a year or ago so I bought a ML Triton 3.2. All vehicles decked out for touring, the cruisers were my favorites but the Hilux and Triton are on par with each other I would say, very good dual cabs. Can't beat em.

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Introductions