Power Loss

Power Loss

Postby Foo on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:54 am

Tried finding sompin like this but to no avail.

Driving along at the $ and lost power like you would when cruise control is cut off by tapping pedals or switch. Motor didn't stop but went back to idle. I found that by engaging clutch and pumping go pedal power would come back for 5secs and then do the same thing, then came good after 20mins. :?

Then on Thursday night, I noticed that I had lost all lights on the tray but fuses were good. Then remembered about the wire block under the tray on the left hand side. Found that to be pulled apart and rejoined plus added a zip tie as well. Have now driven 300+klms and no sign of the problem. Could it have been the wire block or could it be tied to the egr side of things? 75000klms on the clock.

Foo
Foo

Re: Power Loss

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Electrickery at work?

That connector block is sounding like your cause, probably the ETACS having a hissy losing the rear lights and kicking the ECU in the nuts for sympathy! :lol:

Simple test...disconnect it again and try and go for a drive.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Can someone put up a picture and location of the wire block in question, just in case someone else suffers the same symptom and needs to locate and gain access to it,
cheers Wunsie
WUNSIE

Postby Foo on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Mine is on the left hand chassis rail at the very back of it.

Foo
Foo

Return to Electrical