ROCKARMOR Alloy Hybrid Bullbar

ROCKARMOR Alloy Hybrid Bullbar

Postby 91GQST on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone has one of these and if so what are your thought's and are you happy with it? After hitting a roo recently in a DMax which caused quite a bit of damage I am thinking of fitting a bullbar to my MQ and the lighter weight of the Rockarmour one as well as not having to cut the bumper is appealing. There seems to be a lot of good steel bullbar options available but I would rather not have to upgrade my front suspension at the moment so like the idea of the Alloy one.
Have done a lot of googling but can't seem to find much info on them or are there any other alloy ones that are worth considering.
https://store.powerful4x4.com.au/mq-tri ... -bull-bar/
91GQST

Re: ROCKARMOR Alloy Hybrid Bullbar

Postby 91GQST on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Well Judging by the lack of responses I guess no one in here has tried them yet so just to update I decided to try one out and hopefully should have it by the end of the week so will report back soon to let you all know how it goes. ;)
91GQST

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm

that would be great, thanks
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby 91GQST on Wed May 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Update - It turned up last Friday and I fitted it on Saturday and am really happy with the result. It was a bit of a pain to fit but probably no more so than any other similar type of bar. At least it is a full bumper replacement so I didn't have to do a bumper cut. Still had to cut the flares down though as well as trim and refit the inner guards and also install an aftermarket washer bottle which was included with the purchase of the bar. One thing I will say about it compared to some of the other brands was the installation instructions were pretty much useless and gave no guidance on how to do any of that. I am quite fussy and as i saw no other real options i ended up custom making some extra brackets to hold the washer bottle and support the modified inner guards. But as far as the bar goes i really like the design and value for money and also the fact that it is lighter than a steel one. Before and after measurements of the suspension have shown that it has only dropped by 5mm on what it was previously with the nudge bar fitted so it still drives fine and i see no need for a wheel alignment at this stage let alone an upgrade of the suspension. I still have to connect the fog lights up yet but as mine never had them as standard I want look into it a bit further to work out the best way of doing it.

Click to view larger picture

91GQST

Postby jrs184 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:09 pm

91GQST wrote:Hi all
Just wondering if anyone has one of these and if so what are your thought's and are you happy with it? After hitting a roo recently in a DMax which caused quite a bit of damage I am thinking of fitting a bullbar to my MQ and the lighter weight of the Rockarmour one as well as not having to cut the bumper is appealing. There seems to be a lot of good steel bullbar options available but I would rather not have to upgrade my front suspension at the moment so like the idea of the Alloy one.
Have done a lot of googling but can't seem to find much info on them or are there any other alloy ones that are worth considering.
https://store.powerful4x4.com.au/mq-tri ... -bull-bar/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 603015024/
jrs184

Postby gartam on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 603015024/[/quote]
That bull bar on that MR looks shit house with the flares not lining up with it.
gartam

Postby MN Driver on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:42 pm

I wish the rockarmor alloy bar did one for the mn
MN Driver

Return to Exterior Mods