Deep in Triton Grease..

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Deep in Triton Grease..

Postby TritonsBeard on Sat May 16, 2020 8:36 am

Hi all, thought I would say hi :D and thank you so far for the useful info I have thus far plundered from your vaults.
I bought a 2010 glx 2.5td last week with a stuffed head gasket, was hoping it might have been something simpler but have been wanting to do one for a while now anyway and as my work has been canned thanks to Covid I have time to do one.
I will welcome any advice as I progress but am happy just to trundle along with the workshop manual I found a link to on here (thanks again). Will post some pics as I go along, I am taking lots of photos and labelling them as I go for my own benefit so might as well share em on here too in case they are useful to anyone.
Looking forward to getting it running properly.
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Sat May 16, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
TritonsBeard

Re: Deep in Triton Grease..

Postby DaveXT on Sat May 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Have you heard that it's common for these Engines to fail due to a manufacturing fault with the engine block?
It's also common for Mitsubishi to supply and fit new Engines under warranty. Contact you dealer.
DaveXT

Postby TritonsBeard on Sun May 17, 2020 11:01 am

DaveXT wrote:Have you heard that it's common for these Engines to fail due to a manufacturing fault with the engine block?
It's also common for Mitsubishi to supply and fit new Engines under warranty. Contact you dealer.

Interesting, but would this still apply if I am not the original owner?.. has had gasket fail five years ago according to service history so manufacturing fault would make sense.. damn, wish I hadn’t pulled the damn thing apart already.
TritonsBeard

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sun May 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Yes it would still apply,as long as it either is the original engine fitted, or if has been previously replaced, it was done with factory parts. If the engine was swapped out from a wrecked vehicle the warranty would not cover.

How far have you got in stripping it? Too far to rebuild? i.e. head not off yet?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby thebaton on Sun May 17, 2020 1:07 pm

How dirty is the intake and what's the mileage?
thebaton

Return to Introductions