2010 MN with Android HU - Steering Wheel Controls

2010 MN with Android HU - Steering Wheel Controls

Postby Bammo on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an Atoto S8 Premium Android H/U and have installed it into the 2010 MN GLX-R. Everything is working except the steering wheel controls.

The factory radio harness has two wires (red/y and red/w) that I think are the steering wheel outputs for this model year. If I measure the resistance across these two I get 65KOhm and each button press of the wheel controls changes this to a unique, different amount (eg 1.8KOhm or 2.5KOhm) that stays static until I let go of the button. I can't confirm they are the correct wires as the online manual that everyone refers to here is for the L200 which has a different stereo but a couple of Philippine youtube channels suggest those colours and it matches the plug locations etc plus the resistance is consistent. There is no reference in the L200 manual to steering wheel controls at all.

I can't get the Atoto to recognise any button presses in the SWC setup page. I've tried connecting the r/y and r/w wires to both SWC+ wires on the Atoto (yes, they are both marked SWC+) and also using only one - basically every config you can do with 2 wires and a Gnd but no response.

Can anyone please confirm if there is an online wiring diagram for the steering wheel controls / factory stereo showing that these wires (red/y and red/w) are correct? Can anyone absolutely confirm for me that these controls are a simple resistive control and not some fancy CANBUS variant?
Bammo

Re: 2010 MN with Android HU - Steering Wheel Controls

Postby Bammo on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:42 pm

OK - problem solved! Putting it here so that anyone in the future with the same issue can resolve it.

Found a link online confirming the colour choices above but with one crucial difference:

http://files.vms4x4.com/manuals/XSeries ... -R_SWC.pdf

On the factory radio harness grab the Red-Yellow and Red-White wires.

Red-White goes to the SWC+ input wire on the Atoto (It doesn't seem to matter which of the 2 separate SWC+ inputs you use)

Red-Yellow goes to the ground wire on the Atoto (system ground).

All works perfectly now. I had tried this combination before but the length of ground wire I was using had some crusty bits on the end and that was preventing a proper connection.
Bammo

Return to Electrical