New Townsville MR owner

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Townsville MR owner

Postby im2xtreme on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:58 pm

G'day all,

I am a Townsville guy that has just ordered (novated lease) a brand new 2021 GLX+ that will be completly fitted out with ironman gear prior to pick up. I have been 4wd'ing since my first car in 88' (85' Holden Drover Delux with 4"OME lift, long range tank, 2.5" exh and 33" muddies, etc.) right up to my current GU Patrol with lots of aftermarket and mods on it.

This, however is my first ever brand new car and I cant wait! I have alsways been a fan of forums as my goto for anything car/4wd related as I find the mixture of likeminded knowledge and experience you get in groups like this is amazing and impossible to find anywhere else. Anyway, I look forward to talking and learning from you all and hope that I can also help others and contribute as my own knowledge grows with Triton ownership.

Cheers
im2xtreme
(Shayne)
im2xtreme

Re: New Townsville MR owner

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:13 am

Welcome along, Shayne.

Smart move, getting major accessories from new. I've done it a few times and has big advantages financially. Still find other things to add though. :lol:
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: New Townsville MR owner

Postby im2xtreme on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:40 am

NowForThe5th wrote:Welcome along, Shayne.

Smart move, getting major accessories from new. I've done it a few times and has big advantages financially. Still find other things to add though. :lol:

Yeh, it does work out cheaper in the long run because of the bigger discount you get when spending up so much!

AND, your right about more things to add...I already have a growing list of stuff. Larger exhaust, alloy roof basket, awning, new UHF, new spoties and light bar, rear drawes, pillar pod and guages...etc.

I am heading to Cape York later this year so I REALLY needed to get it all done straight away (well, thats my excuse, and im sticking to it! :D ). I could have taken the Patrol thats already sorted but im giving that to my daughter, with the spoties, light bar, awning, uhf...etc! I figure a new car deserves new stuff! lol

im2xtreme
im2xtreme

Return to Introductions