Hi from the holy land

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hi from the holy land

Postby ISHC on Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:36 am

Hi all,
I own a 2014 MN, 2.5 manual.
I use the car as my daily drive and for off road. We usually go for 2-3 days mainly in the Israeli desert.
The Triton replaced an old 2.8 Pajero and for the past year it doing a good job.
The Triton was purchased in standard condition with a metal canopy.
I added a side door to the canopy, roof rack over it, roof bars over the cab and owning. fully equipped with 2 12v fridges, secondary battery system with LifePO4 batteries and more.
The car was lifted with an EFS lift kit, ARB skid plate and custom slide bars under the doors.
Future upgrades will be a winch, front locker and maybe a reduction kit.
Nice to meet you all (I couldn't add pictures) :)
Tsahi G.
ISHC

Re: Hi from the holly land

Postby ISHC on Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:37 am

Some pics Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk
ISHC

Re: Hi from the holy land

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:37 am

Welcome along.

I'm sure there are lots here who'd be interested in your adventures and experiences. The desert looks like it would be pretty harsh on things like underbody, tyres and suspension. Your choices and reasons for tyres, for example, would probably be relevant for those contemplating trips in the Australian Outback.

Put your location in your profile so people know where you're from.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby ISHC on Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:55 am

Hi
As i wrote I'm from Israel.
The israli deserts and the Golan heights include verious trails from easy levels to extream. I think my trips are somewhere in the middle.
First off all the reason I choose a pickup in general and the Triton in particular (here the ML and MN are called Hunter):
The choice of a pickup was mainly becuse SUV's have become less and less off road worthy. The choices here (2010 model and up) are: Toyota Land cruiser, Pajero BK, Pathfinder, kia Sorento and Sangyong Rexton. Every car has its issues but the main common issue for all of them is over complicated and expensive maintenance.
Regardind the Triton choice: In the budget i had after selling our old Pajero the Triton fitted nicely. I wanted a car not older than 10 years, manual gears with rear diff locker. Hilux is way more expensive here and Isuzu D-max are inferior in suspension and due to the lack of diff locker. Nissan pickups here have a bad reputation in relaiebity terms.
The main disadvantage s of the Triton are small wheels and ground clearance.
I drive on a 245/70/16. Here is the "biggest" size available to keep the truck street legal (I would love to put 265/70/16 or 265/75/16). Regarding tires brand and model. As I drinve around 25000km yearly, I wanted A/T tires to keep the balance between on road and off road. Due to type of terrain I usually drive in a 3 ply sidewall is an advantage. The only A/T tires I know with 3 ply are BF's and the Maxxiss 811 RAZR, so these are my choices.
Regarding the lift kit I did some online research, mainly reviews from Australia. The only full lift kits available here are Oldman and EFS. My car have a constant load of 500kg which means I looked for an HD lift kit. For this kind of weight the EFS had better reviews then the Oldman. It's a new set and I can only give an opinion after some time but for noe I'm pleased with it.
just for the fun I'll add some more pics
Regards,Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

ISHC

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:12 pm

ISHC wrote:As i wrote I'm from Israel.

Yes, I know that and you know that but if you post in a different thread then we'll be the only ones who know. If people can see where you are they're less likely to give you irrelevant answers, or questions. Particularly important for those overseas. Go to the top of the page, to your User Control Panel then Profile. Just country will do, or city and country if you like.

I'm fascinated that you'd even consider including the Sorento and Rexton as off roaders. I wasn't sure what a Pajero BK was but it seems that it's what we call the Generation 4 - NS, NT, NW or NX. I have an NW which I think is more capable than the ML Triton it replaced - front and rear lockers make a big difference. In many ways it is simpler than the Triton, being based on the NM which came out end of 1999 although significantly upgraded in 2008.

Your comments regarding other makes generally reflect the situation here.

Maybe we're fortunate in having more tyre brands available here but Cooper comes to mind immediately for having a 3 ply sidewall and excellent reputation in desert country.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby srb on Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Great to have you, ISHC.

Loving the pics, mate. We don't see tanks out in our deserts. I'm aways interested in seeing and hearing stories from such different places like this. Keep em coming.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ISHC on Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:13 am

End of the desert season as summer is around the corner. We maybe lucky to do one last trip during this month.
Here is another video a frien sent me from the last trip we did.
https://youtu.be/caClkBZzP8c

Happy Passover, Easter ana Ramadan Kareem to every one.

ISHC

Return to Introductions