Low boost high EGTs

Anything Triton related

Low boost high EGTs

Postby Tritony on Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:28 pm

Hi guys, I want to reiterate that I have checked all piping for leaks and have also had the system pressure tested to 30psi and it held it without leaks.

I have a MR Triton with nearly 40,000km, it drove fine yesterday. But today I start it and driving feels like it has massive lag, its not making much boost 5-7 psi and maxes out at 15psi usually it was running 22psi. Almost like its in second gear and has a massive boost leak but neither is happening. Also forced a manual dpf regeneration so can confirm it is not that, however it did occur just after a automatic regen has taken place. EGTs also skyrocket with little throttle, dpf temp is higher than usual.

Any idea what it could be? I can't get my car seen by Mitsubishi for a bit over a week at a dealer within 50km of me. I'm guessing its a faulty dpf temp sensor which is making the car go into limp mode but doesn't make sense as no engine light etc. Happy to hear any suggestions, thank you.
Tritony

Re: Low boost high EGTs

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:36 am

Is your oil level high?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Tritony on Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:56 am

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Is your oil level high?

Oil level is right on if not maybe a mm over the full but below the x
Tritony

Postby Tritony on Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:25 pm

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Is your oil level high?

Is it possible for a faulty DPF temp sensor to be causing the above loss of power? Thoughtout the whole time I've owned the car the exhaust gas temp and dpf temp have always been within 20-30 degrees of eachother. Now its almost 100 degrees and the dpf temp is always hotter. The dpf use to keep the temp longer, but it would never be hotter than the exhaust gas temp under load.

Hopefully mitsy will find something without it costing me a second triton.
Tritony

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:11 am

Not without a fault code.

And when a sensor fails one of the first symptoms is regeneration fails and Oil level stars to increase.

If you have a data scanner, is there EGR operation?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Tritony on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:32 am

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Not without a fault code.

And when a sensor fails one of the first symptoms is regeneration fails and Oil level stars to increase.

If you have a data scanner, is there EGR operation?

All sorted thanks Dibby, was a failed turbocharger. Mitsubishi were great about it and I got my car back yesterday afternoon with all its power restored.
Tritony

Postby Longranger1 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:29 am

Why does the oil level increase?
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tritony on Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:51 am

Longranger1 wrote:Why does the oil level increase?

On the 4N15 with DPF, when doing a regen it injects more fuel to heat up DPF. Some diesel fuel gets past the piston rings and into the oil.
Usually by the time I take my car in to get serviced, the oil level is about 5-8mm above full because of fuel dilution and that's getting it replaced everything 8,000km. Interval is meant to be 15,000km so it must get close to the X.
Tritony

Return to General Discussion