IRONMAN SNORKEL

Anything Triton 2016+ related

IRONMAN SNORKEL

Postby WUNSIE on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi all, Last week end went to IronMan in Cardiff NSW, suburb of Newcastle ( as they held a sale day) and they had one of their MQ promotional utes on display, with all the usual Ironman accessories on it, any way what caught my eye was the Snorkel, it looked bloody good, I particularly liked the fit and finish on the guard.
Has anyone here had one fitted and how have they found it, after any info on the snorkel both good and bad,
Oh by the way the price on the day was $296 plus $300 if they fitted it, is that the going price or is there better deals around :?:
WUNSIE

Re: IRON MAN SNORKEL

Postby variflex on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:14 pm

I have the ironman snorkel on my ML, she's just over 10 years old now and no problems with it at all, stood the test of time, no fading or any other issues,
variflex

Postby WUNSIE on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks champ good to hear, do you have any dramas with water getting through to the air filter
WUNSIE

Postby Quinny on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 pm

variflex wrote:I have the ironman snorkel on my ML, she's just over 10 years old now and no problems with it at all, stood the test of time, no fading or any other issues,

Yep - me too. No issues ... '07 ML V6.

WUNSIE wrote:plus $300 if they fitted it, is that the going price or is there better deals around :?:

Do it yourself mate ;) Scary when drilling the first hole... but if you think the whole thing though first, you'll be fine :)
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Re: IRONMAN SNORKEL

Postby Sid3169 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:23 pm

WUNSIE wrote:Hi all, Last week end went to IronMan in Cardiff NSW, suburb of Newcastle ( as they held a sale day) and they had one of their MQ promotional utes on display, with all the usual Ironman accessories on it, any way what caught my eye was the Snorkel, it looked bloody good, I particularly liked the fit and finish on the guard.
Has anyone here had one fitted and how have they found it, after any info on the snorkel both good and bad,
Oh by the way the price on the day was $296 plus $300 if they fitted it, is that the going price or is there better deals around :?:

I was quoted about $650.00 fitted here in sunny Melbourne. Not sure if I really like the look of it though. To me it should sit slightly higher on the pillar otherwise the finish is really nice. I am still contemplating it though or I may go for the tjm.
Sid3169

Postby Maxiy on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 am

my mate has an ironman on his MQ, looks the goods.

very slick and clean looking. Install looks good also.
Maxiy

Postby variflex on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:18 pm

WUNSIE wrote:Thanks champ good to hear, do you have any dramas with water getting through to the air filter

No problems at all with water getting in,
variflex

Postby Geoff3DMN on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:40 pm

I've had an Ironman on my MN for 5 years and 70,000kms with a lot of off road, no dramas with water or leaking so far. Some of the Ironman accessories on my ute I've not been totally happy with but the snorkel has been fine.
Geoff3DMN
Platinum Subscriber

Return to General Discussion