need advice from the innovators :)

Anything Triton related

need advice from the innovators :)

Postby Topspark on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 am

I need some advice from those a little smarter than myself .
And that would be everyone in this ( or any ) forum :)
As some may know, I am putting a canopy on my MQ.
I will instal a drawer system.
I also would like the ability to remove the drawer system quickly if needed, and with out having to crawl under the car every time I do this.
Is there a bolt and nut system or any other sort of method, that may allow this?
I am thinking of loctite or superglue the nuts to the under carriage, but believe eventually these will still "break" the adhesive?
Any thoughts or advice, appreciated.
Topspark

Re: need advice from the innovators :)

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:06 am

Weld a nut to a plate and then bolt that in to place.

You could get creative and use top plates positioned in the channels of the tub floor and secure with countersunk head bolts so that you still have a smooth floor without bolt heads protruding when the drawer system is out.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:48 am

I have a full slide draw/ tray for this exact reason, easy to remove, obviously the frame remains behind
https://trailerpartsdirect.com.au/shop/drawer-slides/base-mount-drawer-runners/base-mount-drawer-slides-100kgs/

I have a false floor (removable) above the fridge and storage boxes- around top of tray height so the rest of the canopy remains usable.

put the tray in or false floor depends on requirements

I have a large contractor poly box that stores the weber, or 4x front runner stackable boxes for recovery, spares, food etc for touring
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Enid_Triton on Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Mine old ML Triton drawers where a clamp fit.
It had angle iron bolted to tub floor at front with two holes on each side, front of drawer frame had two bolts fitted that lined up with the holes in the angle (Male bolts to female holes) & no nuts on the protruding bolts are needed here.

Two bolts where permanently fixed to floor at tailgate end of tub with angle fitted to bottom of drawer frame that had matching holes for the two permanently fixed bolts. Then it was all held in place at the tailgate end with two wing nuts.
To Remove/install:
Undo drawer wings and then undo their fixing brackets, then undo rear wingnuts, lay a piece of framing timber (taller than the bolts)at back so drawers don't catch on the rear bolts, and then slide the drawers in and out.

Not an easy slide with heavy steel Titan drawers but still doable on your own.I could have made it better but I was & still am too lazy.
Enid_Triton

Return to General Discussion