2011 GLXR Bluetooth Problem

Anything Triton related

2011 GLXR Bluetooth Problem

Postby Teiwaz on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi, I'm Dave from Brisbane, I'm new to the forum. I've bought a 2011 Triton and it didn't come with an owners manual. I can't connect my phone via bluetooth.

Firstly, is this the standard stereo for this model? I'm struggling to find any instructions for it. When I press in the phone button on the right I get "pair phone" but nothing appears when I scan for new devices on my phone. Am I missing a step there?
Click to view larger picture
Teiwaz

Re: 2011 GLXR Bluetooth Problem

Postby explorer.dave on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:53 pm

What type of phone? l could never pair a Sansung Galaxy mini to those units, many different people tried, ended up replacing the unit for an Android run double din and all good. They tend to be a bit differential to phone types.

FYI, if you look in the forum DIRECTORY right under the NTN banner, there is a whole thread on bluetooth.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Penrith Panthers 2019....Suck :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Teiwaz on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:10 pm

explorer.dave wrote:What type of phone? l could never pair a Sansung Galaxy mini to those units, many different people tried, ended up replacing the unit for an Android run double din and all good. They tend to be a bit differential to phone types.

FYI, if you look in the forum DIRECTORY right under the NTN banner, there is a whole thread on bluetooth.

Thanks Dave. I did read that thread, it covers a lot of stuff but not the "don't have the manual what button do I push" question. Tried it on a couple of Android phones, a Samsung and also a Google.
Teiwaz

Postby explorer.dave on Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:47 pm

Sorry l am real busy with work at present but maybe somebody on here could scan the relevant pages from the manual for you. If no joy l will try and find sometime next week.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:30 am

You need to pair the phone using the steering wheel controls. Press the voice button, then follow the voice prompts
White 2018 MQ (4N15) Sportsbar, Nudge bar, Towbar, EDS
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Teiwaz on Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:58 am

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:You need to pair the phone using the steering wheel controls. Press the voice button, then follow the voice prompts

No it doesn't have a voice button.
Teiwaz

Postby explorer.dave on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:02 pm

P.M sent

explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Return to General Discussion