Did a few things to the Triton a month or so ago and have had an issue arise which I wondered if anyone else had experienced.
- Factory modified exhaust, decat, completely straight piped.
- 4" stainless snorkel with custom prefilter into factory airbox w/ K&N filter.
- Stainless intercooler & intake pipes.
- EGR delete, blocked, cooler removed, coolant lines bridged.
- 6K8 resistor into MAF (glue shrunk etc, can't even tell it's been modified).
- Wastegate actuator mod.
- High flowed factory turbo.
- 20% brand new injectors (+hardware). Proper small quantity relearn carried out.
- ARP head studs.
- Dyno tune - 170kW/227HP, 500nm on 265/75/16s Yokohama Geolandar M/Ts.
- Brand new Borg Warner to go on in the coming weeks once I have fabbed up a new stainless exhaust.
- Water/Meth kit that I'm reluctant to use cause this thing already hauls.
I began experiencing a screeching noise which turned out to be caused by the wastegate flap not seating correctly and making a horrendous noise on acceleration - drove for 3 days without actuator connected and manually moved this into the closed position to diagnose; fixed it by removing turbo completely & carbon cleaning it, using a small amount of soapy water to test for air tightness, ground it back to make it seat properly - voila, all fixed.
Anyone else run into this issue? Wondering if occurred organically or if it could be due to my carelessness when carrying out other maintenance modifications.